Welcome to the first and only dedicated Web site for WinFax PRO faxing software from Symantec/Delrina. We offer a free community based forum for WinFax PRO, plus premium members have access to our exclusive WinFax Tools automated diagnostic and repair tool, support via forums, compatibility fixes, downloads and access to all archived postings.
You can also get professional WinFax Live Remote Support Services from a knowledgeable WinFax tech.
Support the WinFax community and become a WinFax Premium Subscriber You'll have access to all the WinFax support forums and exclusive WinFax Tools program to troubleshoot WinFax issues for only $29.99 (US$) per year. Click the links above for more details.
Visit the WinFax technical support Forums here: WinFax Community Support Forums
Problems with WinFax and Windows XP – Phonebooks, completing install, CSID, dialog boxes disappearing during install. November 30th, 2008
If you’ve recently upgraded or installed updates for your Windows XP computer that included one or more of the following; Internet Explorer 8, Internet Explorer 7, Service Pack 2, or Service Pack 3, or any Security Updates and you use WinFax (WinFax PRO versions 10, 9, 8 or TalkWorks PRO 2,3), you may have encountered a problem entering fax numbers in a WinFax phonebook. You may have also encountered various problems (dialog boxes disappearing, closing, General Protection Faults) during the installation or setup of WinFax - such as, entering a fax number, an IP address, dialing settings, area codes, passwords, or CSID (Caller Station Identifer).
A subscription to the WinFax Forums gives you access to all our WinFax Support forums, and includes use of our exclusive WinFax Tools application, download access to fax modem drivers and many other related WinFax downloads. For more details on subscribing to our service, please visit: http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm#forums
- Subscribe to WinFax Tools here with your Paypal account : http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm#forums
- Download WinFax Tools and save Winfax Tools to your desktop or other location.
- Start WinFax Tools. Click “Check for Updates” to update WinFax Tools to the latest version (included with your subscription, enter your user id and password to access the download)
- Click WinFax No Pages Fix. Click Yes to start the check. Click Yes to check compatibility settings. This option checks to ensure all the settings for WinFax are configured properly for Windows XP.
- Click OK to the “Done processing” message.
- Click Fix Viewer DLL Security button. Click OK to continue. (NOTE: A Windows XP security update from April 2010 makes this option obsolete, but you should NOT skip this step. If WinFax Tools detects the security update has already been applied by a Windows XP update, it will report this.)
- Click “Fix Entry Problem” button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Reboot computer. NOTE: A reboot is necessary for the changes to be applied by Windows XP from Step 7.
- If you continue to experience problems, visit our forums at http://www.getfaxing.com/forums and post a message. A technician can provide you additional assistance. (Forums support is included with your subscription)
This entry was posted on Sunday, November 30th, 2008 at 11:20 pm and is filed under Installation, Setup, Support. You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed.Both comments and pings are currently closed.