Fax Software

Community Forums

kaboondy

Thank you. I have attached the error message . As an aside, are only Pictures uploaded on to the website? Just curious. Please see the message below from the Host XP computer and I will also find the same window on the XP client. I checked all the DCOM error messages and each says the exact same information.

Please note this is not the same setup in the office where I am dealing with a WIn2K Host and WIN XP client. However, if this works, it would be very very helpful as well. Again, thank you.

Event Type: Error
Event Source: DCOM
Event Category: None
Event ID: 10021
Date: 8/27/2012
Time: 6:22:15 PM
User: N/A
Computer: MAIN
Description:
The launch and activation security descriptor for the COM Server application with CLSID
{17EAB2A0-70E2-11CE-A7FB-008029E0ABE9}
is invalid. It contains Access Control Entries with permissions that are invalid. The requested action was therefore not performed. This security permission can be corrected using the Component Services administrative tool.

For more information, see Help and Support Center at http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/events.asp.

Addendum: I checked the WIN XP Client and there is no DCOM error listed in the System Event log (or any of the other system logs) at the same time as listed above. In fact there is no DCOM log at all. Only the following is listed at the approximate time of the error above (the computer clocks of the two computers are not exactly the same).

Event Type: Warning
Event Source: mfehidk
Event Category: (256)
Event ID: 516
Date: 8/27/2012
Time: 6:22:23 PM
User: N/A
Computer: FAMILY
Description:
Process **VSTSKMGR.EXE pid (1560) contains signed but untrusted code, but was allowed to perform a privileged operation with a McAfee driver.
Data:
0000: 00 00 00 00 03 00 58 00 ……X.
0008: 00 01 00 00 04 02 00 81 …….
0010: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ……..
0018: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ……..
0020: 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 ……..

I am not sure if this has anything to do with the DCOM error issue and WinFax. Thank you again.

Addendum #2 – Please accept my apologies. I am not sure why I did not consider this earlier. I have a second software firewall installed on each of the WIN XP computers at home (Comodo). When trying to connect the Client to the host – the client kept failing to ping successfully during the initial setup despite “computer found”. When I went to a command promt, I was AGAIN not able to Ping the computers (despite being able to see each other in Windows Explorer and the the drives and contents). That is what threw me off. When the PING with the DOS Prompt did not work, I realised this has nothing to do with WinFax. I changed the settings in Comodo to widen the range of the network to include both computers IP Addresses (on the Host computer) and now the connection works and I was able to send a fax from the client through the Host! Thank you very much for your help and patience.

Now if I can set up the office computer systems as well. There is no Comodo installed in the office – hence the problem in the office is quite different. I look forward to your thoughts once I review the event log in the office XP and Win2K computers.