Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hi,
    I have a winfax host installed on windows XP home edition.
    I have a winfax client installed on Windows XP professional edition.
    Everything was ok,but today after restart it, it could not communicate with the host.
    So I decided to re-install Winfax.
    I did the reinstallation.After that,I got one message when I start Winfax on Client side,it says:

Winfax has performed some changes on your system for Message Sharing.After completing the installation,you will need to restart Windows for changes to take effect.

I did restart for 5 times already!
    No use.
    Later one, I went t o program set up,and wanted to configure Winfax Sharing Client.
    The first time with no error message,just reminded me to re-open Winfax,but after I open that again,nothing could be taken from the Host,at the right bottom,that winfax icon says:

Automatic receive disabled.

Then I went to configure Sharing Client again,I tried both the ip and host machine name,this time,another error message appears:

Setup can not connect to Winfax Pro on 192.x.x.x( the winfax Server IP),(Reason: Remote calls are not allowed for this process).Check that this is the correct the host name.

I tried many times with no meaning at all.

The network is fine,if I access by using \hostname or \192.x.x.x,I can see all those shared resouces.

In general,the client can not communicate with the host with this error message:

Setup can not connect to Winfax Pro on 192.x.x.x( the winfax Server IP),(Reason: Remote calls are not allowed for this process).Check that this is the correct the host name.

before that,Winfax says: it made some changes on Message Sharing.
    What kind of changes does it make ?

Please help me conquer this problem asap.

Thanks a lot .

John

Set

Anonymous

Make sure you have disabled “Fast User Switching” in Windows XP. WinFax PRO doesn’t support it, and I’ve found that if its enabled sometimes WinFax doesn’t think its configured properly, or pops up dialog boxes such as “WinFax is in use by other user” or some similar message.

Fast User Switching can be turned off in the Users Accounts settings (in Control Panel)

Once you do this, you might need to reboot and re-install WinFax PRO (or run “WTNSETUP.EXE” from the WinFax directory)

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.