Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    esox23

I have a client with a small network. It is a Win2000 Domain. I have WinFax Pro 10.02 setup on an WinXP box and setup as a server/host with a stratic IP addy. This XP box can recieve faxes just fine, no problems, the client uses a fax machine for sending faxes. I can not for the life of me get the clients to connect to the Host machine be it IP or HostName. Both the client and the host are domain paticipants and logged in as domain users, Administrator on the Host and the users on the clients.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Esox23

JohnD
    Participant

Ok, the first check is can you ping the IP address from client to the host machine.

From the WinFax directory, double-click the WFXPING.EXE file and try to ping the Host machine.
    Type the IP address and PING, also try selecting the computer name and PING.

If that works, the next step is to ensure both the Host and Client(s) are using the same version of WinFax. Click Help, About in WinFax to determine the version.

If you are using Windows XP (SP2) on the Host and/or any of the clients, you need to perform the steps to enable Fax Host sharing as outlined by Symantec. See this document:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….1425704

NOTE: Do not install WinFax PRO 10.04 unless you already have version 10.03. Version 10.03 is not available via LiveUpdate, and is available from Symantec directly.

Next, reboot the Host machine and run “wtnsetup.exe” from the WinFax directory. This will reconfigure your fax devices.
    Do the same with the client machine.

These steps should work fine for WinFax PRO 9.0x, TalkWorks PRO 3.0, and WinFax PRO 10.0x

esox23

If i have XP Sp2 on a host/client, but I have the firewall portion turned off do I still need to run through the Symantec config?

JohnD
    Participant

@esox23 wrote:

If i have XP Sp2 on a host/client, but I have the firewall portion turned off do I still need to run through the Symantec config?

Yes.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.