Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    LA_Fro

I have a medical application that sends a fully formed message including the address and coversheet to the WinFax print driver. Once there it simply gets deleted and never gets to the Winfax Outbox. If I create a fax in Winfax manager or if I send from an application that does not send the fully formed message it seems to work fine. I know of several other places that have the same install and it seems to work fine.

I am using XP pro, I have re-installed a couple of times and have rebuilt the data files. I am not showing any errors on screen and I have also checked the windows event log and it is not showing anything.

Thanks in advance
    LA_Fro

Administrator
    Keymaster

have you confirmed the version of WinFax by clicking Help, About?

Does a test print to the WinFax PRO printer driver work?

Edited By Moderator on 1183063186

LA_Fro

The version is showing 10.03 and printing from the driver works fine but does prompt for the number etc.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@LA_Fro wrote:

The version is showing 10.03 and printing from the driver works fine but does prompt for the number etc.

are the other installations where it is working, also windows xp? and winfax pro 10.03?
    if your printer test prompts for the fax number with the send dialog box, then the print drivers are working.

We get this type of problem all the time with custom written applications for WinFax. Usually, I find with custom written applications, they don’t port well from machine to machine because of specific “hard” coding that the developer might have used (not realizing that a different install on a different machine/operating system things can be different) for example, looking for a printer port name that doesn’t exist, instead of checking the Windows registry for available port names.

LA_Fro

The other installations are also mostly XP installs with 10.03. I am at a complete loss on what could be causing this difference.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@LA_Fro wrote:

The other installations are also mostly XP installs with 10.03. I am at a complete loss on what could be causing this difference.

do you have access to the code that communicates with winfax in your medical application? does it use DDE to SDK methods to communicate with WinFax?

you might want to consider the premium support option for this type of problem

LA_Fro

Unfortunately I do not have access to the code as this is from a medical software vendor. They have hundreds of installs with ~50% using Winfax I have talked to some of the other installs but no-one reports this issue.

Administrator
    Keymaster

here are some suggestions:

– make sure WinFax was installed originally as an Administator, or an account with Administrator rights.
    (Start, Run, control userpasswords2) will show you a list of users and their groups.

– wfxinst.log file gets created in the %windir% during install, might have some clues of installation problem (if any)

– make sure the printer driver ports are correct for WinFax (or at least, match those of a working system)

– if your application attachs documents to WinFax, make sure you can manually attach a document, such as a Microsoft Word .doc file, a rtf file, or .txt file, by using the Insert Attachment option in the WinFax Send dialog box.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.