Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    y_char

Hello all,

We are using winfax pro 10.04, the host machine is a XP Sp1 with Winfax pro 10.04. There are around 8 machines which’re mixed OS of Win ME and Windows XP SP2. They are working fine. Recently,l we bought in several new PCs’ with Windows XP SP2.
    AFter Winfax installation with upgraded 10.04, These mahcines prompted me with “WinFax Pro is unable to connect to Winfax Pro Host station called 192.168.0.209. Make sure an account has been created for you on host station.”

I have tried thru all the suggestions from this forum but still no luck. Same error message still prompted…

Anyone encountered such problem and successfully tackled it? help help..

Charles

y_char

I managed to fix the problem, thank you all

how were you able to solve that problem?

y_char

Hi,

Here’s what I tried for my new xp sp2 machine with the security issue.
    I directly installed the patch 10.04 right after the 10.03 installation into my new xp sp2 machine Then I got the security error. I tried and tried again with unstall and install(winfax 10.03 and 10.04)…still no luck..
    Then I started to examine back and forth if there is any difference firewall, security setting between my old sp2 xp window. I noticed that there are couple things that the new xp machine didnt go with such as the remote setting, anonymous setting etc

So I unstalled the winfax pro from the new machine and then put it back with only winfax pro 10.03. Carefully followed the guidelines from symantec. i.e. modification of firewall remote and anonymous user. Ding ding…..
    Everything back on the track then.

So I suspected that there are still different factory security setting for XP windows….

And that also explains why some ppl have winfax connections error and some ppl doesnt…

Hope this help…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.