Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’d like to use WinFax Pro on a PC which is running Windows 2000 Server. The installation guidelines say that Windows NT Server and 2000 Server are ‘not supported’. I’m unsure what this means. Does it mean that it will simply not install? As the only bit I am concerned about in reality is the faxing engine (which I’m controlling by means of the SDK and DDE), does this restriction apply?

(Incidentally, I regard this as being a quite ridiculous and technically unnecessary restriction – there is no earthly reason why WinFax shouldn’t run perfectly well on the Server versions. The restriction has been put in presumably because Symantec could not envisage anyone actually using a Server OS as their main desktop OS, whereas loads of people do, for one reason or another).

Anonymous

🙂 I am using Winfaxpro SDK on Win NT 4.0 server and the application is working very nicely. i am also eager to know why symantec says that it is not supported on Server ?

JohnD
    Participant

I think the reason was many were having problems, since they never tested (or intended to run) on a server machine — it was never supported.

DutchSpirit

The reason why it is not supported is because rhere were customers that would try to run it on all kind of servers and if in their company a server went down or needed to reboot they wanted to claim the costs at Symantec.

But if you have an Nt or 2000 server or advanced server Winfax will run fine as stand-alone or as Host.
    It is a risk you’ll have to take for yourself if there are loads of company criticall programs running on that Server “think twice”

Anonymous

Hi,
    I am currently using a custom built module that allows me to automatically send report files (rpt) from Access through Winfax Pro. The class module I have bought does not (at least I assume) allow me to attach a file (such as a word doc etc) and pump it through Winfax automatically. Just wondered if there was a way (preferably through Outlook) I could use a class module and a script to forward a snapshot file throgh winfax?

Andy suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Anonymous

@Andy Shuter wrote:

Hi,
    I am currently using a custom built module that allows me to automatically send report files (rpt) from Access through Winfax Pro. The class module I have bought does not (at least I assume) allow me to attach a file (such as a word doc etc) and pump it through Winfax automatically. Just wondered if there was a way (preferably through Outlook) I could use a class module and a script to forward a snapshot file throgh winfax?

Andy suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

If you can right-click “Print” the file, you should be able to automatically print it to WinFax too.

The actual file must be opened and automatically printed (to the WinFax Printer driver) from the application that created it.

For example, If you send a .doc file, and Windows has associated .doc with Word , what should happen is Word will open and automatically print the document to WinFax.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.