Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JamesM

Recently setup WinFax TalkWorks Pro 3 successfully on XP Home edtion, with GetFaxing assistance, however, am not able to export from Outlook 7 my address book/ contact details to my WinFax phonebook file.
    Appreciate solution to this problem.
    James Melville

Administrator
    Keymaster

Outlook 2007 contacts do not appear in WinFax because it is not compatible with WinFax. The last version compatible is Outlook 2003.

If you’re trying to “import” contacts from Outlook 2007, you first have to export the contacts from within Outlook 2007 to a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file. You can then perform an import in WinFax to a phonebook using the CSV file. This will allow you to access the Outlook contacts as a native WinFax phonebook. The only problem with this method is if you update your Outlook 2007 contact list, they don’t get updated in WinFax until you repeat the whole export/import process.

JamesM

On installing WinFaxPro on XP open Message Manager. Open tools and then Setup, open program setup. On Options open Email and Outlook Integration. Open Email Program Properties, click MS Exchange/MS Outlook, username and password profile outlook. Click OK then close Program setup.Open MS Exchange/outlook folder Outlook address book, click Contacts should contain details of your original Outlook address book. Works for me.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Does Outlook crash when you exit?
    if so you need to remove the winfax logs addin from Outlook 2007

1. Open the Control Panel.
    2. Double-click the Mail icon. (If the MAIL icon does not appear, try switching to CLASSIC VIEW)
    3. Click on the Data Files button.
    4. Select “WinFax Logs” from the list and click “Remove”. (If you are using Outlook 2007 you will need to click on the Data Files tab first.)
    5. Verify you clicked ”WinFax Logs” and then click “Yes” to confirm removal of the “WinFax Log” data-file. (WARNING: Be sure you only select and remove the WinFax Logs folder)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.