Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Melissa2006B

Is there an inexpensive or shareware alternative to Winfax Pro 10, which can import everything from Winfax Pro 10 so that I can eventually delete Winfax Pro 10 from my computer? Something better, that works with XP Home Edition?

Anonymous

I am not sure about importing WinFax PRO items, but you can check out VentaFax

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin….entafax

kingsclear

VentaFax is not necessarily a good choice if you are looking for the functionality of Winfax. I would better recommend Fax Tools eXPert or FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro. As far as importing Winfax items I would first determine if you really need them. This program is dead. If you decide you really need them kept then find an old computer that doesn’t have a dial-up connection, is otherwise clean of 3rd party software (reformatted with a clean installation of Windows) and install the Winfax and copy over the accompanying database to it. So long as you are using WinFax 10.03 there should be no real issues if there is no other 3rd party software on it and it doesn’t have internet access. This way you don’t have to worry about Microsoft fixes and service packs and 3rd party software breaking the Winfax.

JohnD
    Participant

Melissa2006B solved the problem with the IE7 incompatibility by following the instructions posted in this forum. GetFaxing.com was the first to post a solution to this, and I’m sure it has helped many people out there that have run into this. Its nice to see that this forum serves a purpose, to help WinFax PRO users and keep this program “alive”.
    🙂

Edited By JohnD on 1166723369

retareed

@JohnD wrote:

Melissa2006B solved the problem with the IE7 incompatibility by following the instructions posted in this forum. GetFaxing.com was the first to post a solution to this, and I’m sure it has helped many people out there that have run into this. Its nice to see that this forum serves a purpose, to help WinFax PRO users and keep this program “alive”.
    🙂

Where are the elusive ‘IE7 incompatibility’ instructions on this forum? I have searched for IE7 and other forms to no avail.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Here is a link to the IE7 issue with WinFax PRO

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib315/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=24;t=7

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.