Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    guy@antioch

Can anyone tell me if they know of a good alternative to Winfax Pro?

I have been using Winfax for a long time – from the days of Defina till Winfax Pro 10. I have been a very contented user up to Winfax 9, when it started taking up large chunks of system resources. Even then, the application worked beautifully. 😀

From Winfax 10 onwards, I have had problems right from the start… ??? Problems receiving, problems sending, problems re-installing, intermittent controller problems, problems with the newer patches, problem when migrating to XP, problems when moving to SP2.

Looking at the Product line within Symantec, this product is old and there isn’t any sign of any new releases that takes advantage of the new CPUs and operating systems. I can only assume this product has reached it’s end of shelf life. Pity as it is such a great product.

Right now, I am using a “fallback” solution of Window XP’s fax solution which works but is really unfriendly and limited. My question is.. is there another product out there which can take its place? Or do anyone of you know of Symantec’s plan for this product?

Your inputs would really help me make an informed decision on what to do with my Winfax.

Anonymous

CHeck this post

http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib3/ikonboard.cgi?;act=ST;f=1;t=216

Edited By Moderator on June 01 2005 at 09:41

guy@antioch

Dear Moderator

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, when I click your URL, it sends me to a location that says that I have no permission and asks me to log in. When I do that it bring me right back to the same problem.

Can you please check.

Thank you.

Anonymous

@guy@antioch wrote:

Dear Moderator

Thank you for responding. Unfortunately, when I click your URL, it sends me to a location that says that I have no permission and asks me to log in. When I do that it bring me right back to the same problem.

Can you please check.

Thank you.

Try clicking the link again, I made a change to the link.

Edited By Moderator on June 01 2005 at 09:42

guy@antioch

Sorry dear Moderator

I just tried it again but the same problem is occurring. It logs out.

I will try again tomorrow…

Thank you so much.

Anonymous

strange, here is a copy of the original posting

We’ve been searching for a alternative fax program that supports voice (much like the discontinued TalkWorks product) and we’ve finally found VentaFax and Voice. A product that rivals the quality of WinFax PRO and TalkWorks PRO. You can download the 30 day trial Home version here

http://www.ventafax.com/files/vfvh552i.exe

For more details on purchasing,
    http://www.regnow.com/softsel….e=12449

guy@antioch

Thank you. I download it and give it a try.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.