Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    jkm

I installed winfax pro Ver 10.03 and upgraded it to the last version. i can send faxes and manually reciving faxes. The Automatic receive option is not working.
    The flag at the program setup is turned on but nothing happaned

JohnD
    Participant

what operating system?
    modem? internal / external ?

jkm

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2.
    The modem is Dynamode M56PCI/S-M motorola chip, Internal PCI.
    I also checked it on another computer with Smart Link 56K Modem. the same story.

Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

try viewing the tutorial on Detecting Incoming Calls here

http://www.symantec.com/techsupp/tutorial/winfax10/

or follow these steps to test:

Click Start, point to Programs, point to Accessories, point to Communications, and then click HyperTerminal. The HyperTerminal folder window appears.

NOTE: For Windows 95, point to Programs, point to Accessories, and then click HyperTerminal. The HyperTerminal folder window appears.

Double-click HyperTerminal or Hypertrm.exe. The HyperTerminal window appears.
    Type any name for the connection in the Name field of the Connection Description dialog box.
    Click OK. The Phone Number dialog box appears.
    Type any number in the Phone Number field.
    Select the modem from the “Connect Using” drop-down list. The default selection will do in most cases.
    Click OK. The Connect dialog box appears.
    Click Cancel.
    In the blank HyperTerminal window, type atz and then press Enter. The modem should respond with OK. If the modem does not respond or does not respond with OK, it is not correctly configured in Windows.

NOTE: If you cannot see anything appearing on the screen as you type, press Enter, type ate1 and then press Enter. This turns on screen echo. You should now be able to see what you are typing. Type atz again.

On the next blank line type ats0=2 and then press Enter. The modem should respond with OK. If the modem does not respond or does not respond with OK, it is not configured properly in Windows.

NOTE: Ensure that you type a zero when typing ats0=2

Dial the telephone line that is connected to the modem using another phone line/cellular phone and check for the RING response in HyperTerminal.
    If you do not see a RING response, some possible causes are:
    Phone line connected to the wrong jack on the modem (Line and Phone connections reversed).
    The phone line is faulty or incompatible with the modem. Try connecting the modem to dedicated single line phone line.
    Another device on the same phone line is interfering (disconnect other devices such as fax machines and answering machines).
    The phone cable (wall jack to modem) is faulty.
    The modem is faulty. (Try removing and re-installing the modem in Windows, and then repeat the Hyperterminal test. If the problem persists, contact your modem manufacturer or computer vendor.)

jkm

my modem does not detecting the incoming rings. I can send faxes with no problem and manualy recieving faxes.
    Do you have other suggestions?

Thanks

kobi

Administrator
    Keymaster

This is not a WinFax issue, if HyperTerminal does not detect incoming calls. It is a hardware (modem) problem or phone line problem, or problem with the software drivers for the modem in Windows XP.

The modems may not be configured correctly for Windows. Check the modem drivers again, and modem configuration in Windows. Make sure you have properly selected the country for your modem (if required) so it operates based on your countries telephone system.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.