Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Harold

I have a bit of a problem, I backed up the phone list under a named file and then uninstalled the winfax program and reinstalled winfax. Question is how do i get my phone book back, it wont import it so??? whats the next step???

JohnD
    Participant

What was the name of the phonebook file or files you backed up?

A phonebook consists of several files, so if you only backed up a single file you may have not properly backed up the data.

Although, if you uninstalled and reinstalled WinFax (providing you did not say yes to removing the data), that data still should be there and hopefully can be recovered.

Harold

well that would be great but the hard drive failed… so the files are lost, but what i backed up was a .WFA file… i wish i could find a program to open it… it is a pretty big file 29.7MB. If you have any other advice i am all ears.

JohnD
    Participant

a .WFA file is a WinFax Backup file, which (depending on the options you selected during the backup) can contain all or some of your WinFax data.

To restore the phonebook, you would need to go to Tools, Program Setup, Backup & Restore.
    Click the Restore Tab.
    Click Browse and select the .WFA file you have.
    Under “Restore these items”, select “Phonebooks” and uncheck everything else.
    This should restore only the phonebook. If you have existing data in your current phonebook, it will be overwritten with what data was backed up to the .WFA file.

Hope this helps,

Harold

BoooYaah! You are the MAN… Thank you! 2454 Fax numbers restored, this is why you should always make a back-up. Once again thank you.

JohnD
    Participant

You’re welcome.

I also recommend making frequent backups of the WinFax folder and all the data stored underneath this folder, so incase the WinFax backup file (the WFA file) file ever gets corrupt or lost, you can also recover data from the backup copy of the folder if you needed to.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.