Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    jadejadejade

As administrator of a law firm in H.K., I am using winfax 10.04 with broadcasts.. Quite smooth so far as I have fixed most problems with support with this great site here.

Recently we come to backup the past year’s fax. We observe that we can backup with no error if we tick all options (including the registry) but not tick the message files (i.e. not tick “include message files”)…..Otherwise, if we tick to include message files, it fails. Then we guess it is bulky size that make it not backupable.

Thus, we test it on the another PC (namely B) which is also with bulky fax message and find the same results. So we delete most of the fax message on this PC B, we then managed to back it up if we tick to “include the message files” under backup options…….

Is there exact message size for backup? Is there any work around on this like creating some dummy out box folder or dummy inbox folders…..so that we do not need to delete message before backup………..

Thks for any advice right here…. 🙂 🙂

JohnD
    Participant

Large message stores are not a good idea. If you send LOTS of faxes it is recommended you make seperate message stores and then drag and drop faxes into the new folders. Make sure you make message stores and not just folders.

Recommend to use message stores based on date… for example:

Sept2005
    Oct2005
    Nov2005
    Dec2005

and so on… you have a months worth of data in every message store.

jadejadejade

Could u tell me what exactly message stores, which i still think of folder in my concept?:)

JohnD
    Participant

@jadejadejade wrote:

Could u tell me what exactly message stores, which i still think of folder in my concept?:)

Message Manager stores faxes in a collection of folders (Send Log, Receive Log, and Outbox) in the Logs window. These folders are part of the Messages message store. A message store works like a filing cabinet with drawers that hold different types of files.

Faxes in the Messages message store are uncompressed; the Messages message store is therefore more suitable for short-term message storage or for storing a smaller number of messages. If you want to keep your messages for long-term use or you receive large numbers of messages, you can set up your own message filing system with custom message stores and subfolders. For example, you might want to organize correspondence by customer and your sales reports by quarter.
    Depending on your needs, custom message stores can be compressed or uncompressed. As you accumulate messages in the Messages message store, your WinFax/TalkWorks data requires more disk space. To minimize the amount of disk space required, you can create archives by enabling compression when you create your message stores. When you move a message to an archive, Message Manager automatically compresses it.

Message Manager also supports sharing of message stores. To share a message store, simply locate it on a network drive that is accessible to those you want to share it with. Other WinFax/TalkWorks users can access it by creating a new message store in their Logs window that points to the existing message store you placed on the network. If desired, you can make the message store read-only so that it cannot be modified by other users.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.