Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kapperkiwi

I am using WinFax to send a PDF file (or anything really) and although it all looks fine. The document displays perfectly.
    At the other end they either receive a blank page or the last line of the fax.

Any ideas
    Windows 2000 server and WinFax 10
    The plan is to use an old VB6 program that used to work fine to send faxes and it all seems to work at the WinFax end (I have tried both thru the program and WinFax itself)

I also have FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro on a Windows 7 machine but I have no idea how to control the SDK with VB6

Cheers
    Andrew

Administrator
    Keymaster

@kapperkiwi wrote:

I am using WinFax to send a PDF file (or anything really) and although it all looks fine. The document displays perfectly.
    At the other end they either receive a blank page or the last line of the fax.

Any ideas
    Windows 2000 server and WinFax 10
    The plan is to use an old VB6 program that used to work fine to send faxes and it all seems to work at the WinFax end (I have tried both thru the program and WinFax itself)

I also have FaxTalk FaxCenter Pro on a Windows 7 machine but I have no idea how to control the SDK with VB6

Does WinFax indicate the fax was successful? or do you see an error message in the log with the red “X” fax failure?

Have you tried sending the same fax to a different fax number (a test number?) you can try sending to +1 707 440-2708 (This is a USA/California fax #)

if the problem exists with more than one fax number, then the issue may be the fax modem you are using. What type of fax modem? Are you using a U.S.Robotics fax modem? What are the settings in WinFax ?

kapperkiwi

I have tried two different fax machines and they get the same. It appears to send perfectly and is connected for about the right amount of time.

If is a USB Data Fax Voice Modem (is that an issue?)

High speed compression 2D is checked

Hardware flow control is checked

Administrator
    Keymaster

are you using VoIP phone line or a standard telephone line?
    Does it show as a checkmark (completed fax) in WinFax?
    are you using the modem drivers that were included with the fax modem (for Windows 2000?)

kapperkiwi

Standard telephone line
    Shows completed and connects and appears to send perfectly
    Have reinstalled the modem drivers again from the CD .. they all install fine and everything seems to work perfectly except it is always a blank page at the other end.

Trying to send you a PDF showing everything but you don’t accept PDF files

Administrator
    Keymaster

@kapperkiwi wrote:

Standard telephone line
    Shows completed and connects and appears to send perfectly
    Have reinstalled the modem drivers again from the CD .. they all install fine and everything seems to work perfectly except it is always a blank page at the other end.

Trying to send you a PDF showing everything but you don’t accept PDF files

Do you have any other devices on the same line? (such as another fax machine?) sometimes another device will cause a problem if it is on the same telephone line.

You mentioned you also have FaxTalk, have you tried sending a test fax using FaxTalk on the same computer, using the same fax modem? or is FaxTalk installed on a different computer?

What are the ATi commands reported by the fax modem? You can obtain this information via this method:
    http://www.computerhope.com/issues/ch001164.htm

If your USB modem is software based (many are) they usually give poor and unpredictable results with WinFax PRO. The ATi commands you provide can determine the type/manufacturer of the modem and whether it is a software based fax modem. If you have access to another fax modem, I would recommend trying a different one with WinFax.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.