Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

I have windows XP home, Winfax 10.0.3(upgraded patch to 10.0.04) and Act 6.0. Some version of Act was on PC first I believe it was Act Lite, I added win fax pro and then upgraded to Act 6.0. Act did not recognize that winfax was an available software. Someone told me to put Winfax on last, so i uninstalled(pain in the )winfax an re installed. This time it worked it offered to use act phone book, but when i would click on the act phone book, “call failed” could not open database error comes up. I tried uninstalling an reinstalling act 6.0, but the same happens. I tried phonebook repair and optimizer. Any one have a solution?

Administrator
    Keymaster

the optimize and rebuild options only are for WinFax native phonebooks (not external phonebooks, like ACT! 6.0)

There are two tabs in ACT!’s preference settings (select Edit, Preferences) that pertain to WinFax:

General tab: On the General tab you specify that you want WinFax to be your default faxing program.

WinFax Options tab: On the WinFax Options tab you specify how ACT! keeps track of the faxes you send.

The WinFax Options Tab

The WinFax Options enables you to:

Select the currently open ACT! database as a WinFax phonebook.

Log WinFax events — Successful, Failed or Canceled — in ACT!’s Notes/History.

Create Activity for Failed transmissions. If the fax failed, ACT! reminds you to re-send it.

Make sure the these settings are correct, and you’ve selected to use the currently open ACT! database as a WinFax phonebook.

The settings in Act preferences are correct. I even made new databases in different locations just to try. No luck. I imported the act database into winfax and that worked, but I need winfax to use my ever expanding act database.

Administrator
    Keymaster

We received your support request, please contact us via the on-line chat and a technican can take a look at this issue remotely.

Problem fixed. Online tech support had me uninstall Norton Anti Virus and then they made changes to the registry

JohnD
    Participant

@thefoamguy60050 wrote:

Problem fixed.

Good to hear!

JohnD
    Participant

Topic closed 😀

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘“call Failed” could not open folder – Act 6.0 and Winfax 10.0.4 phonebook’ is closed to new replies.