Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

Hello,

i want to establish an automatic fax analysis for a scientific study. That means i get a fax, i automatically analyze the content and i fax the result back to the sender. A ISDN line is connected to a Fritz Card PCI and handles the incoming faxes. An analog line will be connected to an external Modem and handles the outgoing faxes (not jet installed). To get the result back to the sender i need his caller-id (telephone number). The whole process yet works except of one problem.
    The problem I have is that the caller-id that is provided by the German-Telecom with the incoming fax over the ISDN line is only displayed in the window that pops up when WinFax receives a new fax. After this window disappears with the end of the fax-transmission the caller-id is not visible in the field ‘telephonenumber/caller-id’ (‘Telefonnummer/Anrufer-ID’ in the german version I have) or in any of the other fields that provide additional information to the fax.
    The information I can get from LogSDKApp.vbp that is a part of the winfax software development kit (wfxsdk) is exactly the same and also does not provide the information about the caller-id. The csid is available but this information is put into the fax by the user and therefore not very reliable. What can I do to get the caller-id that is obviously available in the WinFax program?

System: Win2000 professional, Service Pack4, WinFaxPro 10.02, FritzCard Pci (ISDN)

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards,

Arndt Hoffmann

Anonymous

Symantec has had problems with Caller ID support outside North America. The problem is that phone companies can use different types of results for the caller id, sometimes padded with extra characters etc. that may cause WinFax to either not display it properly, or not save it in the logs. Technical Support received many complaints about the support of Caller ID outside North America that they decided to state that Caller ID is supported in North America only.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.