Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    IshsCyn

I successfully transferred my winfax pro phonebook to a trial version of FaxTalk, but now I have Winfax Pro working, again. I’ve lost my Winfax Pro phonebook, but all the data is in FaxTalk. Is it possible to import the phonebook from Faxtalk back into Winfax Pro?

Thank you.

-Cynthia

Administrator
    Keymaster

The importing of a WinFax PRO phonebook into FaxTalk shouldn’t have affected any of your WinFax PRO data.

You could “export” your FaxTalk contacts into a text file by selecting the contacts folder in FaxTalk then clicking File, Export. Select “Text File (Comma Separated Values)” click Export. Then enter a filename (example myfaxphonebook.csv )

To export contacts from a FaxTalk phonebook:

1. Open the FaxTalk application.
    2. On the View menu, click Folder List.
    3. Click the phonebook that contains the contact you want to export (such as the Contacts folder).
    4. Select the contacts you want to export. (Click Edit, Select All to select all contacts)
    5. On the File menu, click Export.
    6. Select the type of file to export from the list. (Text file – Comma Separated Values) click Export
    7. Enter a filename to save the file (make sure you know where it is saved), enable the option include field names when exporting.
    8. Click Next.

The next step would require you to “import” the data within WinFax PRO.
    here are the steps on the WinFax PRO side,
    http://www.getfaxing.com/kb/index.php?action=artikel&cat=4&id=39&artlang=en

IshsCyn

Importing the phonebook from Winfax into Faxtalk didn’t do anything to the Winfax data, but I had to completely uninstall Winfax and I also manually deleted all the leftover Winfax data files. I’ve been trying to successfully uninstall and reinstall Winfax for about two weeks. I thought I had backed up my Winfax phonebook to a flash drive, but I mistakenly backed up the .wfx file and not the .wfb file. I can’t find the correct version of the .wfb file, now. I’ve printed all the info from FaxTalk, but importing it back into Winfax would be much easier.

I will try these instructions and report back.

Thanks very much!

Administrator
    Keymaster

Just a note that groups (if you used them in WinFax PRO) are not carried over to FaxTalk. So when you import back into WinFax PRO, the groups are lost. You would have to recreate your phonebook groups if that applies to you.

IshsCyn

The export and import worked beautifully! Thanks for your help! My Winfax Pro 10.0 is back up and running beautifully in XP with SP3 (knock wood) and all my contacts are back in place. I’m so glad to have found GetFaxing.com and Winfax Pro Tools. Thank you so much!

-Cynthia

Administrator
    Keymaster

You’re welcome, glad everything worked out.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.