Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    kingf

WinXP Home SP2 Agere systems pci soft modem
    Was on winfax pro 10.03 for a bout 2 years. But found can not sen FAX as: connnexting and theb no dial tone.

Now updated to10.04, still same problem. When it dials, it sounds mono tone.

Strangely, receiving not a problem.

Tried uninstall morden and reinstall, no luck.

Many thanks for your help.

JohnD
    Participant

no dial tone error indicates that the modem isn’t detecting the dial tone to continue dialing. The cause of this can be many things, such as an incorrect modem driver if using a software based modem, or plugging the cable incorrectly to the wrong output. Also, if the phone line has a voice mail option this can sometimes cause the modem to incorrectly detect the line with “no dial tone”. Its also possible that your dialing settings are incorrect, so when WinFax sends a fax it is dialing some prefix that isn’t required.

I would suggest testing the modem in Hyperterminal, this can give you additional clues.

here is information on how to accomplish this:

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT/faxprod.nsf/0/2001040612202004

kingf

Thanks! I had tried all that and none of them worked.

Before I give up, I plugged cable directly into the extention (was in splitter), it worked. Read online, and it seems that it was because the DIY extension weakened signal, which prevent Modem hear the dial tone. I have asked BT to raise gain on my line. Hope this would solve the problem once for all.

JohnD
    Participant

@kingf wrote:

Thanks! I had tried all that and none of them worked.

Before I give up, I plugged cable directly into the extention (was in splitter), it worked. Read online, and it seems that it was because the DIY extension weakened signal, which prevent Modem hear the dial tone. I have asked BT to raise gain on my line. Hope this would solve the problem once for all.

yes poorly made splitters can also do this. you might want to try another splitter before having any telephone repair people visit (if there is a charge for this)

Edited By JohnD on 1189636638

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.