Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    ralphhh

Hi Everyone,

I have been using XP Pro service pack 2 with winfax 10.02 without any problems, this week my PC finally bit the dust, so i have a new system still running XP pro service pack 2 everything installed fine until i tried to re-install winfax, it doesn’t do a complete install therefor i cannot use it. When i start the install everything seems to be going fine, the problem begins when i get to the popup screen that asks fro the CID, Phone and Fax numbers, once i enter the CID (wheather i use the tab button to get to the next field or just try to click into it with the mouse) once the cid is entered a new popup comes on the say installation is complete please restart, but i know from installing previously that it is not finished, my modem was never queried, no live update nothing…..upon restarting you cannot start winfax….no desktop icons, cannot see it when you hit the start button and look in programs….the only way to see it is to look in the control panels add remove programs, and it only show the size of the progam to be 50.5Mb which is incorrect, i have no problem removing the program which i have done a few times but everytime i re-install i have the same problem….any way around this? thanks in advance.

JohnD
    Participant

See the last entry in the support topics at the main forum page
    “WinFax PRO hangs or shuts down entering/editing CSID, Phone Numbers, IP addresses etc.”
    for a solution

Edited By Moderator on 1192340205

ralphhh

Hi JohnD,

Thanks soo much…worked like a charm

bglen

Hey JohnD, how about posting the link to that post. I have the same problem and I can’t find it. Or at least tell me what the “Main Forum Page” is. They all say “support”.

Anonymous

@bglen wrote:

Hey JohnD, how about posting the link to that post. I have the same problem and I can’t find it. Or at least tell me what the “Main Forum Page” is. They all say “support”.

done. but links don’t always work because messages are moved/deleted etc. all the time.

bglen

Thanks, Understood on the link issues. Solutions did work great.

Dasia

I too am having this problem but do not find the associated information page, please post a new link so thatI may get to this info. Thanks, Dasia.

Dasia

Please ignore my last post, found the solution and it works sweet!!!

dtvone

Unable to find the link, it should either be updated or deleted.

joekam

I encountered the same issue. Please post the link again.

Administrator
    Keymaster

the solution is posted as a NOTE in this forum.
    It is the top set of messages that appear

WinFax PRO hangs or shuts down

JohnD
    Participant

Topic CLOSED

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.