Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Brockflock

Hi All:

New to the forum, so I may be in the wrong place, but here goes:

I have WinFax Pro 10.03. Have had it on this computer since 2005 or earlier. Have Windows XP Home.

It has worked fairly well until last month, when it decided to stop receiving faxes. I have checked all wires, called the phone co., reloaded the software (2x). I can send fine, but when a call comes in, it says it is receiving, says it has completed, then there is no evidence of a fax. No log entry, no blinking icon, nada!

I have just gone through deleting lots of old faxes. Is there a limit as to how many (or how much) the system will store?

If it is my modem (Lucent Win Modem – internal) is there a way to check that as well?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Brockflock

Sorry, forgot add’l info:

I have a Lexmark X7170 all in one. I CAN receive faxes directly through that, using the same line, so I assume it is not the lines.

Administrator
    Keymaster

The first thing to check is to see if the failed or completed faxes appear in your receive log. Click on the Date/Time field in the log headings and sort by the time/date, click it again to sort again. Now check the top and bottom of the fax list. Do any of your recent faxes appear? Failed faxes should appear with the “X” and completed faxes with a checkmark.

If none of the faxes appear in the log, then the problem may be related to corrupt log files.

Try rebuilding your send/receive logs
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….w=docid

Brockflock

That’s done, thanks.

Now I need someone to send me a fax…………(waiting)…..

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.