Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I uninstalled and reinstalled Win FAX 10.0
    At least I am pretty sure I did. When I reinstalled Wfx, my phonebooks and faxes were intact.

Before doing so I did a back up which created a .wfa file. I was hoping not to use the backup since whatever was causing my problem may be a setting that ends up in the back up. So I made a complete copy of the DATA file to a CD. This has all my phonebooks, and sent and recd faxes it it.
    Well after reinstalling, all my phone books and faxes appeared anyhow. Apparently, the uninstall didn’t eliminat those files.
    Furthermore, the problem still exists.

The probem is, no matter what windows application I open, Word, Excell, Peachtree Acctg, Adobe Acrobat, Netscape, if I go to File:Print and select the Win FAX driver, the little printer icon appears in my tray, Win FAX opens the Send dialog box but the file I am trying to send never appears. The only way Win FAX will send a fax is if I create it on the Win FAX cover page that appears in the Send Dialog

Anonymous

Well I checked the Symantec knowledge base. All I could find told me to do the following:

Find framedyn.dll and paste it to the Windows/system32 file.
    Then run insprint.exe.
    I did both. Again, when I run insprint.exe all I get is a box that says Retry??? Yes Cancel. It keeps coming back time after time when I click yes.

Still no way to fax from Windows aps. The Send dialog opens but my doc is not there.

Time to end my long relationship with Winfax.
    Any suggestions. Particularly a program that will allow me to export my phonebooks from Win fax.
    Mark

Anonymous

Please see the reply in your other message posted.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Can’t fax from any Windows application’ is closed to new replies.