Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have been haveing problems with WinFAX 10.03 with XP sp2. Seemed to be working fine for a while. Then I upgraded word and the Print2FAX macro wouldn’t work. I had to File:Print:select Win FAX.

Now, win fax won’t work with any windows ap. When I print to FILE:WINFAX from any ap, Win FAx opens up the send dialong, the cover sheet appears but nothing else does.

Finally decided to uninstall/reinstall, however, I can’t reinstall because I haven’t been able to properly uninstall. When I go to unstall it says can;t find wfxunist.isu. So now I am in limbo and am in deep crap since I cannot fax at all.
    Help

Anonymous

have you tried reinstalling without uninstalling?

Anonymous

First off, Win FAX would not let me reinstall without uninstalling. I couldn’t uninstall because I was getting an error msg about a unable to find some wfx????.??? file. I went to Symantec knowledge base and lo and behold they had a fix that involved dowloading some zip file SYMCLR or something like that. It worked!
    I did uninstall and resinstall Winfax.
    Before doing so I did a back up which created a .wfa file. I was hoping not to use the backup since whatever was causing my problem may be a setting that ends up in the back up. So I made a complete copy of the DATA file to a CD. This has all my phonebooks, and sent and recd faxes it it.
    Well after reinstalling, all my phone books and faxes appeared anyhow. Apparently, the uninstall didn’t eliminat those files.
    Furthermore, the problem still exists.

The probem is, no matter what windows application I open, Word, Excell, Peachtree Acctg, Adobe Acrobat, Netscape, if I go to File:Print and select the Win FAX driver, the little printer icon appears in my tray, Win FAX opens the Send dialog box but the file I am trying to send never appears. The only way Win FAX will send a fax is if I create it on the Win FAX cover page that appears in the Send Dialog.
    WTF

Mark

Anonymous

Try this:

Make sure the Printer Spooler service is started and set to automatic.

Close the WinFax Message Manager and WinFax Controller.
    If you are running Windows NT, 2000, or XP, stop the WinFax service.

Start Windows Explorer and go to the Insprint.exe file. The default location of this file is on the C:Program FilesWinfax folder or a subfolder of the Winfax folder.

Double-click the Insprint.exe file. The printer driver files are reinstalled. If you see a message that printer driver files have been installed, click OK.
    Restart the computer.

Edited By Moderator on 1129261416

Anonymous

Well, I followed what you suggested. Closed Win FAX and the controller. Went to ProgramFiles/Winfax/insprint.exe. When I double clicked on it, nothing happened. did it again.
    Now a tiny box opened with Retry??? There were two buttons, retry and cancel. I hit retry. The box went away and came back about five times.

I restarted and still nothing will print to win fax. When I print from any windows ap, the Send dialog box is spawned but on ly the cover sheet appears, not my Word/Excell/Adobe/Peachtree file.

Its driving me nuts.
    Any other ideas

Anonymous

@Mark600 wrote:

Well, I followed what you suggested. Closed Win FAX and the controller. Went to ProgramFiles/Winfax/insprint.exe. When I double clicked on it, nothing happened. did it again.
    Now a tiny box opened with Retry??? There were two buttons, retry and cancel. I hit retry. The box went away and came back about five times.

I restarted and still nothing will print to win fax. When I print from any windows ap, the Send dialog box is spawned but on ly the cover sheet appears, not my Word/Excell/Adobe/Peachtree file.

Its driving me nuts.
    Any other ideas

Is your Printer Spooler started in your Control Panel , Administrative Tools, Component Services?

In your WINDOWS directory (or WINNT) directory check for a file called WFXINST.LOG and post the contents here
    This file contains a copy of your install log and may show and possible errors/problems creating the printer driver.

Anonymous

Under Control panel/adminstrative services/component services. For the Print Spooler it shows STARTED Startup type AUTOMATIC.

Here is the WFX install log. You can see I just reinstalled it
    10-12-2005 15:38:16
    Found Windows NT 4.0 or later.
    Loaded C:DOCUME~1OwnerLOCALS~1Temp_ISTMP5.DIR_ISTMP0.DIRISUTIL.DLL
    Installing PRO version.
    CheckPID returned 1.
    HandleRunningWinFax returned 1.
    Unable to load C:Program FilesWinFaxISUTIL.DLL.
    User Name: Mark Surksr
    User Company:
    Selected target directory:C:Program FilesWinFax
    Selected Cover page directory:C:Program FilesWinFaxCover
    Selected Fax/Data directory:C:Program FilesWinFaxData
    Program Group: Symantec WinFax PRO
    Add Shortcut to Windows Deskop: Yes
    Components selected to be installed:
    [Program Files]
    [Communications Devices]
    Message Sharing
    ISDN
    Concord Internet Fax
    [Optical Character Recognition]
    [Cover Your Fax Cover Pages]
    CYF – Business
    CYF – Personal
    CYF – Cartoon
    [External Phonebooks]
    ACT! Support
    GoldMine Support
    Lotus Organizer Support
    ODBC Support
    Outlook Express & Outlook Support
    [Pager Notification]
    [Email]
    [Macros]
    Created keys:DelrinaWinFax7.0
    Initialized uninstall log fileC:Program FilesWinFaxWFXUNIST.ISU
    Created per app path key FAXMNG32.EXE with Path C:Program FilesWinFax
    Starting file transfer
    Finished file transfer
    Loaded C:Program FilesWinFaxISUTIL.DLL
    Installing Printer Driver…
    Unloaded C:Program FilesWinFaxISUTIL.DLL
    COMCAT.DLL is present.
    Deleted DCOM95.EXE
    COMCTL32.DLL has already been updated. (Version is 5.82.2900.2180.)
    Deleted 40COMUPD.EXE
    Successfully self-registered files.
    Loaded C:Program FilesWinFaxWFCATREG.DLL
    CreateWfxDeviceSetupCats() returned 0
    Unloaded C:Program FilesWinFaxWFCATREG.DLL
    Ran D:WinFax..SupportLUpdateLUSETUP.EXE /s /a /q
    End of LiveUpdate install.
    Ran D:WinFax..SupportLiveRegLRSETUP.EXE -s
    End of LiveAdvisor install.
    Ran D:WinFaxWFXHOOK.EXE
    Attempting to runC:Program FilesWinFaxSMLUPGRD.EXE
    Ran C:Program FilesWinFaxSMLUPGRD.EXE
    Deleted C:Program FilesWinFaxSMLUPGRD.EXE
    Cleaning up shortcuts.
    Setting current directory to C:Program FilesWinFax
    Attempting to launch C:PROGRA~1WinFaxWTNSETUP.EXE /LC_OFF

Anonymous

can you post the rest of it, it looks like only half of it was posted?
    there is a limit to the size of posts here so you might have to cut it into a few posts.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.