Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I understand that this question probably gets asked a lot, but I was unable to find a way to search your forums for an answer. Is there a search feature I can’t see?

Anyway, my question is how do I get WinFax Pro to save my files in a format other than FXR? What I want to accomplish on my system is to have the faxes come in on the WinFax Pro machine and then automatically get copied to a network drive and saved in TIF or JPG or PNG format. Is this doable?

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and WinFax Pro 10.02 with two modems.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Ascii King wrote:

I understand that this question probably gets asked a lot, but I was unable to find a way to search your forums for an answer. Is there a search feature I can’t see?

There is a search icon at the top right corner of the main Web site page, and in each Forum.

Anyway, my question is how do I get WinFax Pro to save my files in a format other than FXR? What I want to accomplish on my system is to have the faxes come in on the WinFax Pro machine and then automatically get copied to a network drive and saved in TIF or JPG or PNG format. Is this doable?

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and WinFax Pro 10.02 with two modems.

WinFax is designed to save all incoming faxes in FXR format, there is no option to change that. you can however manually convert FXR format to another format if you wanted to. The Fax Viewer allows you to save faxes in another format, or you can use a third party tool to convert faxes in batches to another format from the WinFax native format. see http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin/ib315/ikonboard.cgi?act=ST;f=2;t=184

Edited By Moderator on 1175297001

Anonymous

Thanks for the tip. Also, i did search for a search feature before asking the question and couldn’t find it. Now I can see it plain as day and I feel foolish. Thanks again.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.