Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I am attempting to use Winfax 10.02 on a Windows 2000 Server running Citrix. When my Microsoft Access code (which works perfectly on my regular workstations) runs, I get an Error 429: ActiveX component can’t create object or return reference to this object.

I know that Symantec doesn’t officially support Winfax on a Citrix configuration, but I was able to get the point of manually running Winfax through Citrix.

I am hoping someone has been able to get further and actually automated Winfax on Citrix.

Any help would be appreciated.

Anonymous

the WinFax controller must be running (or installed) on the machine where you are running your automated code, otherwise, you will get ActiveX errors. This is a limitation of the SDK

Anonymous

Thank you for the suggestion. It partially worked. I can now run my code directly from the Citrix Server Desktop.

Unfortunately, I get a different error message when I run the program remotely:
    Run-time error ‘-2147467238 (8000401a)’:

Automation error
    The server process could not be started because the configured identity is incorrect. Check the username and password.

Any ideas?

Thanks

Anonymous

i dont think this will work via citrix, you need winfax and your application to be installed on the local machine.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.