Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    kaboondy
    Participant

We have 5 computers locally networked in the office with a server computer that receives and sends faxes on behalf of the clients. At the end of the day, we shut down all computers (except the WinFax server computer). Each computer “hangs” during the shutdown process with an “end program” window that shows up nearly every time. This is somewhat irritating and slows the process of leaving the office at the end of the day. Is there a setting issue or something that can be done to avoid this error? Thank you

Administrator
    Keymaster

unfortunately this is a known to happen with some systems at shut down if the WinFax Controller is active. I would recommend is to make it a habit to shut down the WinFax Controller first and make sure it is shut down completely before you shut down the computer. Windows is closing the Controller not allowing it enough time to exit/shut down properly (causing it to hang). If the hang occurs before you’re shutting down, then that is probably some other issue.

kaboondy
    Participant

Thank you

Administrator
    Keymaster

This problem usually happens on slower computers with sizable WinFax databases. Sometimes rebuilding the database helps, but only if the problem was originally related to a corrupt database. Since you have this problem on all the PCs my guess its not a database problem.

kaboondy
    Participant

I also noted another parameter. If there is a notification window on the client computer (from the server) indicating there is fax available for download and this window is not closed, then there is the hang up. If there is no window, there (now) does not seem to be a hangup. Again, thank you!!

Administrator
    Keymaster

Yes, in that case the only way is manual close of WinFax before you issue the Windows shut down.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.