Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    dtwilson

Hi all,

I am having some difficulties dialling a few of my customers fax machines. mainly it seems to fail on training or negotiating. but there are a couple that appear to give up to early before the clients machine answers, is there any way to set winfax to allow more than just a couple of rings before it gives up?

modem details are
    ATI3 md56XX
    ATI4 Ambient Technologies Inc, Engineering Firmware Department

Any suggestions or Ideas would be appreciated.
    Regards,
    David Wilson

Anonymous

In Windows, open Phone and Modem options from Control Panel, select Modems, then properties, diagnostics, query modem. This will give you ATI3 , ATI4 command responses. Post the results here.

Also, to make the modem wait for response longer, change the S7=55 number in the initialization string to a higher number, such as S7=90 (90 seconds before it hangs up)

dtwilson

Hi again Modem Query response is

ATI3 md56XX
    ATI4 Ambient Technologies Inc, Engineering Firmware Department

Regards,
    David Wilson

Anonymous

Ambient (formally Cirrus Logic) was purchased by Intel. You can try this page to ensure you have updated modem drivers.

http://developer.intel.com/design/modems/support/drivers.htm

and,

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/intel.asp

Edited By Moderator on 1124328821

helenl8

My winfax program– don’t know which version– does not differentiate voice calls from fax calls.
    This is so frustrating–any suggestions???? ???

Anonymous

@helenl8 wrote:

My winfax program– don’t know which version– does not differentiate voice calls from fax calls.

WinFax doesn’t determine which calls to answer, it will answer every call in the number of rings specified in the Receive setup.

Once the call is answered, if you are using WinFax, it will answer as a fax call. If you are using TalkWorks, it will answer with a voice message and listen for fax tones.

Edited By Moderator on 1125883262

apothecare

@helenl8 wrote:

I have a similar problem to HelenB in that when a voice call
    accidentally comes in on the fax line is that the WinFax receive dialog hangs, locking the program and requires not only
    shutting down from Task Manager but often a re-install of the
    modem also

I would have included a copy of my settings but trying to open the program setup causes the same error and now I cannot re-enable auto-receive

any help much appreciated

AMD athlon 1gHz
    512 meg Ram
    Win2000Pro
    GVC Ext Modem (Conexant Chipset) Model sf 1156v-r21
    Winfax 10.02

Anonymous

@apothecare wrote:

@helenl8 wrote:

I have a similar problem to HelenB in that when a voice call
    accidentally comes in on the fax line is that the WinFax receive dialog hangs, locking the program and requires not only
    shutting down from Task Manager but often a re-install of the
    modem also

I would have included a copy of my settings but trying to open the program setup causes the same error and now I cannot re-enable auto-receive

any help much appreciated

AMD athlon 1gHz
    512 meg Ram
    Win2000Pro
    GVC Ext Modem (Conexant Chipset) Model sf 1156v-r21
    Winfax 10.02

Is the modem properly recognized in Windows 2000? In the control panel, modems tab, advanced, diagnostics, query modem ?

you should get ATi3 , ATi4 responses from the modem here. What is listed here?

What are your settings for this modem in WinFax ? (providing you can start WinFax properly)

Drivers for GVC modems are available here
    http://ftp.gentek.com/gvc/modem/

Edited By Moderator on 1126202793

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.