Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 16 years ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

There is a reported bug in the SDK that prevents the WinFax Merge macro from functioning under Windows XP. This is reported with release 10.02 only.
    Since both our macro and Symantec’s macro use the SDK to perform the functions, both macros will fail when using the mail-merge. Unfortunately, we can’t find a solution.

At this time, all merge functions are INCOMPATIBLE with Windows XP and release 10.02 of WinFax PRO or BASIC EDITION.

This applies to mail-merge only, and does not effect the File, WinFax option in the macro.

sadinw

Any way you can notify us if you get a fix from Symantec? I need fax merge and I’m running 10.02 under WinXp with OfficeXP, so I’m stuck (just for now, I hope).

Thanks

Anonymous

unfortunately we have no solution from Symantec. We are looking for a workaround, if it is possible.

Anonymous

I have downloaded and installed your trial version with Word2000, Windows2000 Prof. Winfax 10.02
    When I run this with your ‘sample’ document, Winfax opens OK but the telephone number is not transferred to Winfax.

Have read the other threads concerning the SDK bug with Windows XP. But no reference to Windows 2000 Prof.

Should your macro work in my case?

Thanks. It would be great to be able to return to the same feature I had with previoous versions of Winfax and Word.

Anonymous

Hello Jim, this should be OK with Windows 2000 Professional. Make sure the style is set properly on the page, and consists of one line of text only.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.