Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 12 years, 10 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Anonymous

If you get this error message when starting Word you need to ensure WinFax PRO, WinFax Basic Edition or TalkWorks is installed on the PC.

Please see this document for MINIMUM SYSTEM Requirements to use the WinFax Macro for Word.

http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/faxmacromanual.htm#_Toc127694025

You need WinFax or TalkWorks installed, or the macro will not load properly. For info on WinFax see http://www.symantec.com/winfax

If you do have WinFax installed and you still have this error:

1. Make sure you have a compatible version of WinFax. Anything below WinFax PRO 8.02 will not work. Version 9.02 or higher is recommended.

2. Try starting the WinFax PRO controller first, then start Microsoft Word.

3. This error message can also occur if you do not have Visual Basic Components installed with Microsoft Word.
    You will need to reinstall Word and enable the Visual Basic (VBA) components.

If you don’t have WinFax installed, you will continue to experience this error message but you can still continue to use Microsoft Word normally. To uninstall the macro, please see the posting on how to uninstall the macro.

Edited By Moderator on 1157130996

edr3158

Unfortunately that does not work for me. I’m still getting the Compile error in hidden module. wfxmacro.

Anonymous

If you still get this error, there is a problem with the WinFax installation. You need to follow these steps (assuming you are using WinFax PRO 10)

1. Search for the file cover.db in the data directory being using by WinFax. (You can use the Start, Search option to search for the file cover.db)
    2. Select the found file, click File, and click Rename.
    3. Rename the file to cover.old and press Enter, the file is renamed.
    4. Close the Find window.
    5. Start WinFax PRO
    6. In the Message Manager, click View, and click Cover Pages.
    7. Click Tools, and click Maintenance Utility.
    8. Click Launch Applet, select DB file repair and click OK.
    9. Select Cover Page and click OK.
    10. Click Yes to continue with database rebuild.
    11. Ensure the Cover folder is correct. If not, use the browse button to specify the correct location. Click OK.
    12. Click Finish.
    13. Restart the computer and try again.

How do I uninstall and reinstall word and enable VBA.
    Georgina.

Anonymous

@Georgina Newton wrote:

How do I uninstall and reinstall word and enable VBA.
    Georgina.

By default the VBA components are installed, unless you specifically removed/unchecked them. To confirm, you can check to see if Tools , Macro, Visual Basic Editor option works. If the Visual Basic Editor appears, you have the VBA components installed.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.