Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I’ld like to convert any documents to be send to .fxs format. I’ve learn from many examples. All of it use the .MakeAttachment method. But the problem is : To do that, My client application have to know what type of that document is.

My objective is I’ld like to count the number of page to be send. I found that only .GetNumberOfPage for Attachment object support it. But attachment must be in fax file format.

To do so, By manual operation, Open the WinFax Pro Send dialog, Add the attachment file and Save as attachment to WinFax Attachment folder. Finally, that document is converted to fax file format.

But by programming with SDK, Can I do that without to know what type of document ?

Best Regards,
    Suntisuk Lorkrilert

Anonymous

that is a little tricky, you can use the AddAttachmentFile command to do the conversion, but you will not know how many pages it will be once completed.

Anonymous

I should also mention that the file you attach must be able to automatically print to the WinFax printer driver (so the conversion process can be accomplished without any user interaction)
    the file you attach must have an association in windows so it can print. One way to test this would be to right-click the file in Windows Explorer and select Print. If it prints without any dialog boxes, you will be able to attach with WinFax.

Anonymous

HI,
    I have irfan viewer assiciated with WMF and EMF files but while sending them as fax attachment, it shows conversion failed, and tell me to use associated application to print. Why this is happening.
    Please help, I am urgently in need.
    Thax in advance.

(Edited by RahulGade at 8:52 am on Jan. 10, 2002)

Anonymous

try right-click . print from explorer, if this fails, then you will not be able to attach “on the fly” to winfax

Anonymous

Then, Please suggest me a solution to print .EMF and .WMF files to send as fax without user interaction, i mean to say programmatically.
    I have tried SetprintfromAPP() but it doesn’t works for the signle application instance. if i do SetprintFromApp and Send() from my application and after that Printing on to printer using printer Device context it fails. (though i have used isReadyToPrint() loop ).
    But if i do the initialization like SetprintFromApp and Send from my application and Printing using my same code from another application (or instance of same application) then it works.
    Please help me.
    Thax in advance.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.