Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    donfax

I’ve used WinFax for years. I fax to 100 subscribers daily. Lately, a growing number of people kick out with this error:
    Corrupted acknowledgement received on last attempt. The person receives only page one of the fax on each attempt, even tho I see that all 3 pages have faxed 100%.
    My system, set up info: WINDOWS XP Professional Ver 2002 SP3, WinFax PRO 10.03, Modem: U. S. Robotics 56K Fax PCI,
    TAPI PORT set up in WinFax.
    I tried your fixes: Reduce the maximum sending speed to 9,600 bps. turn off ECM for sending option. turn off 2d Compression option. Still have this problem. Please help me. Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

If only some of the faxes fail, it is likely a connection problem. Are you using Internet (VoIP) telephone line?

donfax

Thank you so much for answering me. No, it’s a regular phone line. This is a recent development, but it’s affecting a growing number of subcribers.

Administrator
    Keymaster

these types of problems are difficult to troubleshoot, the source of the problem could be on your side, or on the receivers side. If the problem is on your side, it is an intermittent problem, since not all of the faxes fail. The first item to check is to update the modem drivers for Windows XP from U.S. Robotics (contact them and determine what is the latest for your specific fax modem model).

You can also have have a technician do a complete check of WinFax for you, we check your WinFax for any problems in database , configuration. We do a complete check of WinFax and also send/receive test faxes. We do this for you for a flat rate of $39.99 (one system)
    http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.