Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    ccl

Whenever I print from any program (i.e. MS Word or Quickbooks) i go through the process I have for years. I select print from the tool bar, select the winfax as the printer, and hit ok… then the winfax pro send window opens but the document I am trying to fax does not show up. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the program and the printers themselves and it still does the same thing. I have been using winfax for years but this is the first time this has happend.

anyideas?

JohnD
    Participant

One of the common problems is a compatibility mode setting. Check that “wfxctl32.exe” is not used in compatibility mode if you are using Windows XP. (Right click wfxctl32.exe in the WinFax folder, and click Compatibility tab , make sure Compatibility mode is unchecked)

There is also a tool available for download (WinFaxTools.exe) that should correct this issue, it will repair the printer driver settings and if required, it can also reinstall the WinFax printer drivers (it also does a program wide compatibility check for WinFax) It is available to premium subscribers to the forum. I don’t know for sure if it will fix your problem or not, but it is worth a try.

info on subscribing is here
    http://www.getfaxing.com/services.htm#forums (bottom of the page)

kmfax32

I also have recently had the same thing. I checked compatibility mode and it is NOT checked.
    At print, select Winfax, window opens, but no document. Program does not hang and cancels OK, but nothing to print. Windows XP home

ccl

Unfortunately I still have the same issue but nothing I do resolves it. I have winfax on another machine which works fine and the above file has the same setup as the one that I have the issue with. I just don’t know what else to try.

ccl

Is there another program similar to winfax that you can buy. The only difference being that it doesn’t have as many issues and has not been discontinued? I know that efax is an option but I send a lot of faxes and I would not like to incur the cost when I can simply do it via a program similar to winfax.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.