Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    fish72

Hello,

I am having a problem with WINFAX 10 under XP pro on one of my client’s computer.
    It used to work well for several months, And now there’s a problem :
    If I send a word document for example to the winfax printer, The winfax send window is open, but “send” button is greyed out and there is no fax attached or ready to be sent.
    It also applies when I manually attach files to be sent. I just can see them in the preview winodw, Like I never added them.
    I’ve tried to uninstall winfax and installing several different versions (10, 10.02, 10.03, 10.04) But none of them solved the problem. I also tried manual removal of registry and files – Without succeding.

Please help,

Thank you

JohnD
    Participant

The No Pages Fix in WinFax Tools will probably fix this problem.

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=716

fish72

Thank you for the reply, But at this moment I preffer to reformat the comoputer and reinstall winfax, Since the winfax tools solution costs a bit of money

JohnD
    Participant

ok you will not be able to attach any files or print with Windows 7/2008 or Vista.

fish72

Installed a fresh XP SP3 on my system.
    Installed winfax pro 10.03 and updated it to 10.04
    When I try to print into the winfax driver through word for example, The winfax controller doesn’t open automatically.
    I tried to manually send a fax via message manager, But when I manually attach a files in the “send fax” page, I don’t see the attachment, Only the default cover page. If I remove the cover page, Send button becomes greyed out.
    I registered and downloaded the winfax tool 1.18, And tried the “No pages fix” and the removal and reinstallation of the winfax printer driver. but it still acts the same.
    I also removed winfax and reinstalled 10.03, But problem persists.

Please advise,

Thank you

JohnD
    Participant

@fish72 wrote:

Installed a fresh XP SP3 on my system.
    Installed winfax pro 10.03 and updated it to 10.04

No need to install 10.04. I do not recommend this. If you are having problems using 10.03, never install 10.04. In all cases, it makes the situation worse and more time consuming to troubleshoot problems. I recommend uninstall of WinFax PRO 10.04 and reinstall of 10.03.

@fish72 wrote:

When I try to print into the winfax driver through word for example, The winfax controller doesn’t open automatically.

No, it doesn’t open automatically. This is a known issue with WinFax PRO 10 that didn’t exist with previous versions. If you don’t already have WinFax controller open, you need to start it first then print from Word (or any other application.) One way to avoid this problem is to have WinFax Controller start with Windows when you boot the computer, otherwise, the error “WinFax is not active for this account ” message may appear.

@fish72 wrote:

tried to manually send a fax via message manager, But when I manually attach a files in the “send fax” page, I don’t see the attachment, Only the default cover page. If I remove the cover page, Send button becomes greyed out.
    I registered and downloaded the winfax tool 1.18, And tried the “No pages fix” and the removal and reinstallation of the winfax printer driver. but it still acts the same.
    I also removed winfax and reinstalled 10.03, But problem persists.

Verify some settings using WinFax Tools.
    – Click on WinFax Info. Does version 10.03 show up in all 3 lines of version information?
    – Click on Install & Setup Tools button and then click Printer Monitor Check. What is indicated here?

fish72

First of all THANK YOU John for getting back to me fast !

Since my frustration, I made an image of the computer PRE-WINFAX installation, So I can go back to it’s original software state in about 30 minutes or so.

Now…..I just installed the 10.03 version (And even canceled the LIVE UPDATE that he won’t mess up more things).

I choose that the controller will be loaded at windows startup, So i won’t have the error while trying to print from an application like WORD 2007.

Yes, version 10.03 show up in all 3 lines

In the printer monitor check I also see 3 lines and all of them with same version (10.03)

This system is applied with all latest MS updates (Including IE8). Tried this too :

http://www.getfaxing.com/winfax/2008/11/30/problems-with-winfax-pro-and-windows-xp-service-pack-2-sp2-or-service-pack-3-sp3-or-internet-explorer-78/

But it didn’t helped.

I notice that when I try to create a fax via message manager, It tries to open an external program (Word 2007 for example), But it does not succeed and does not even give an error.

JohnD
    Participant

First start with Basic test of the WinFax Printer. Without this function, you cannot print or attach any items from any application .

Go to Control Panel, Printers,
    do you have both WinFax and WinFax (Photo Quality) printers listed? You should see both. If you only see one, there was a problem. If you see none, then they are not installed. If you see both, then the printers were installed in Windows. Now we need to make sure they are both working.

Start Controller so it is active in system tray. (Wait until yellow controller is ready in system tray)
    Go to Control Panel, Printers. Select the WinFax Printer, right-click icon with mouse.
    Click Properies.
    The WinFax printer properties page displays.
    Click Print Test Page.
    Does WinFax Send dialog box appear with Windows test page printed?

If not, what error messages appear?

Repeat steps for WinFax (Photo Quality) printer.

If these steps result in errors, you need to confirm the date of the printer monitor files (see previous message) should be dated 12/12/2002

fish72

Dear john,

I appreciate your willingness to help. I decided that I need to find another solution, And I think I did (WInxp fax + PDFCreator utility which have a function to “collect several printing job and combining them into one). Still needs my client’s approval, since it’s his computer……
    I will also will try to get Winfax 10.02 version from another client of mine in the next few days,Since I installed it to him on a winxp sp3 system about 2 month ago and it works great.

So again, I appreciate your help and will do my best to not be dependant on the winfax solution.

Thank you !!!

JohnD
    Participant

Ok . WinXP Fax is no comparison to WinFax, but if this is all you require and works for you.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.