Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • Author
    lkatz

How do you drag & Drop from subfolders?

Administrator
    Keymaster

drag and drop is standard in winfax as it is in many other programs, select the item you want to drag, hold the mouse button down, and “drag” to the sub-folder of your choice, release the mouse button. If you want to copy the entry (instead of moving it) then hold down CONTROL key while dragging and dropping.

You can also select the entry, click on Edit, Move To or Edit, Copy To. Select the sub-folder and click Ok.

Edited By Moderator on 1197604212

lkatz

That means all files that w want to use with winfax drag has to be copied to desktop
    or how else can it be put in winfax drag

Administrator
    Keymaster

sorry, I was referring to “Drag and Dropping” send log or receive log entries, I believe you are asking about a feature called the “Drag and Drop Depot ” ?

if so, you need to drag the item you want to fax to the “Drag and Drop Depot” icon on your desktop. This item can be in a sub-folder located anywhere on the harddrive.

Edited By Moderator on 1197607610

lkatz

What does this mean “This item can be in a sub-folder located anywhere on the harddrive”

Administrator
    Keymaster

the item you drag and drop, for example, a word document called myworddocument.doc can be located in your C:My DocumentsWord Documents folder (sub-folder of My Documents)

lkatz

how do you drag a word file in subfolde my documents to desktop winfax drag & drop
    do you have to move file to desktop

Administrator
    Keymaster

@lkatz wrote:

how do you drag a word file in subfolde my documents to desktop winfax drag & drop
    do you have to move file to desktop

in windows explorer,find and select the file you want to fax, this can be any type of file that can be automatically printed, such as a Microsoft Word .doc file, or a .txt file, .tiff images, etc. Drag it to the drag and drop depot icon.

Not all file types can be automatically faxed using “Drag and Drop Depot”, for those items that cannot be automatically printed, you need to manually print them by opening the document/file in the native program and then choose “File”, “Print”, Select WinFax as the printer driver and print the document/file.

and example of dragging and dropping is shown in the graphic animation here:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Drag-and-drop

lkatz

When we are trying drag & Drop for a pdf file it opens acrobat and gets a error message can’t find file even tough we are able to open the file when we open acrobat reader by itself

Administrator
    Keymaster

alternative method to fax PDF files:

make sure winfax controller is active
    open the file in acrobat,
    click File, Print
    choose WinFax as the printer
    print the document

lkatz

so basically pdf does not work with drag drop

Administrator
    Keymaster

@lkatz wrote:

so basically pdf does not work with drag drop

depends on what you use to “print” PDF files. I assume your using Adobe Acrobat viewer? What version? I believe there may be a problem with the new version 8.0 but I have not confirmed it.
    *Update: using 8.1.1 and no problems dragging and dropping a PDF into WinFax Drag & Drop Depot*

The general rule is if it doesn’t work in the drag and drop, you need to print it directly from the application that created it.

Edited By Moderator on 1198262893

lkatz

We are trying to fax a 8 page pdf from adobe
    1. can’t be viewed only the fram not working
    2. hanging displays (receiving page 7) doesn’t move ahead

Administrator
    Keymaster

@lkatz wrote:

We are trying to fax a 8 page pdf from adobe
    1. can’t be viewed only the fram not working
    2. hanging displays (receiving page 7) doesn’t move ahead

it may be a problem specific with the PDF file itself, I’d recommend opening the document in Acrobat and then print to WinFax, it should print all pages properly.

lkatz

We are doing that and we print to winfax we see in the winfax window bottom left corner receiving page 7 & it hangs right there

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 16 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.