Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    jethomas

Does anyone know why, when I use the SDK to send a fax that it sends a duplicate fax back to myself as well as to the fax recipient? Is there some setting that i’m forgetting?

Anonymous

do you mean that that WinFax sends duplicate faxes, or a duplicate fax appears to be received from a physical fax machine connected to the same line where the modem is connected to?

maybe post the portion of your code that uses the WinFax SDK to see if there is a problem there

jethomas

I’m using the winfax sdk example that they provide on their website and a duplicate fax appears to be received from a physical fax machine connected to either the same line or another line, not exactly sure. Could it be listening in on the line and thinking it is receiving a fax..

Anonymous

Yes, some fax machines will have a feature that will detect a fax tone on the phone line. When the fax machine detects this, it starts to automatically receive a fax. This causes you to also receive the same fax your sending out. This feature is there so if someone is already talking with someone on the phone, you can have someone send you a fax during the same phone call.

You have two options to prevent this from occuring, either disconnect the fax machine so its not connected on the same line as the fax modem, or disable the feature on the fax machine that detects these fax tones and allows you to receive faxes while the phone line is already engaged.

jethomas

I disabled automatic receiving and it no longer prints my faxes when i send them. Thanks!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.