Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    bballfreak

I have windows 2000 professional with Service Pack 4 and have office 2003.
    I installed Winfax Pro 10.03 and it installed fine.
    Also, can receive faxes OK.
    However, I want the faxes to be forwarded as e-mail.
    So, I enabled faxes to be sent via SMTP.
    It also recognized Outlook and imported the phonebook.
    I used the same settings for login,password, amd smtp server settings which are in Outlook 2003.
    But keeps telling me that login has failed.
    I tried two other e-mail accounts and the same result.
    I have another program called 32bit internet fax, those same settings work fine for e-mail.

Can somone, please help me.
    Thanks
    Barry

OK, was able to fix this issue.
    If anyone needs to know how, let me know
    Barry

dribnus

Hey, I just ran into this very same problem. Very frustrating. If you are still on this board, I could use some with this issue.
    Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

when you go back to the Email settings, do they still appear there, or are they missing?

dribnus

Thanx for the response. Yes, the settings are still there. I am using COX.NET email service which is smtp.east.cox.net.
    Then the username and password.
    Any ideas?

dribnus

Do you have any suggestions or setting that I should check to resolve this issue?

Administrator
    Keymaster

I believe there are problems and limitations in how winfax handles smtp sending of e-mail. I personally haven’t had much success sending directly using smtp in WinFax PRO. I’ll see if I can test it again..

dribnus

Ok, please let me know what you come up with in testing. I have tried many things, but no luck.

dribnus

Is this just something that won’t work? I would think there would be a solution. If not, is there another software any could recommend?
    Thank you.

JohnD
    Participant

@dribnus wrote:

Is this just something that won’t work? I would think there would be a solution. If not, is there another software any could recommend?
    Thank you.

I could only get it to work when using it with Outlook Express to automatically forward emails. I could never get SMTP to work.

ricky11

@Moderator wrote:

when you go back to the Email settings, do they still appear there, or are they missing?

If your still around, my settings dissapear everytime, and i keep getting login failed.. Anyway round this.. Symantec suggests re-installing the software. But this is always their response, and i dont want to go that round.

From the looks of your post you had the same problem.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.