Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    ricky11

Hello

Using 10.3 winfax pro with windows 2000 pro sp4

Winfax works fine, apart from the email settings, username,password and smtp server details always missing, hence causing the “login failed” prompt

Symantec website says to re-install, but that is their answer to everything.

Is their a fix for this?

Tks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

Have you tried this? It involves removing the email files then reinstalling

http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….2142104

ricky11

Thanks… but i did read that link, and wanted to stay away from re-installing, it seems that is symantec’s answer to all their problems.

I have heard many users try but still didn’t solve the problem. So didn’t want to go that route. especially if all my settings for my modems / filers / address book will be removed.

is their another way, like deleting those dll’s and then adding them back again from the original cd or something

does 10.4 fix this issue.. Have you come acorss it before? i.e. the email setting missing?

ricky11

Hello Again

Didn’t get a reply, so i forced my self to do what symantec said exactly… and …. no luck

i uninstalled the dll’s then uninstalled the software, restarted… installed again… and still the email is still missing… and i always get login failed.

i am connecting through pop3/smtp… i dont have outlook express installed… all the options give me login failed… but thats becuase they are missing as soon as i click apply.

any ideas? anybody else have this problem?

Administrator
    Keymaster

Do a search for SMLPOP3.DLL
    what is the size. date. version of this file?

Edited By Moderator on 1205890325

ricky11

Hello

File is located in

C:Program FilesCommon FilesSymantec Shared
    Size : 149 KB (153,088 bytes)
    Ver : 1.0.0.2

Administrator
    Keymaster

ok do you have two files in that same Symantec Shared/Common folder,

{9EDF9769-166F-11D2-A813-0080C7373510}.RMA
    {9EDF9769-166F-11D2-A813-0080C7373510}.MSI

?

In the WinFax folder, you should have a similar file, with the MSI extension

{4BAA3DC1-DCB0-11D2-9E6B-00805FCDA91F}.MSI

Do you see these files?

ricky11

Hello.

I have the 2 files in the common folder, so thats okay.

But I dont have the other one file .msi in the winfax folder. I dont have any msi file in this winfax folder.

Any ideas?

Administrator
    Keymaster

the .msi file in the WinFax folder is the file which contains the mail information for WinFax. If it is missing, when you go to the mail setup dialog, it will be blank.
    I’m assuming the problem here is when you enter the information and click OK, that file is not being created in the WinFax folder. Do you have write access to this folder?

What you can try is copy the .msi file from the common folder, into the WinFax folder (example. c:program fileswinfax)

Rename that file to this:

{4BAA3DC1-DCB0-11D2-9E6B-00805FCDA91F}.MSI

This is assuming that the .msi file that is in the common folder already has your e-mail information stored in it.

Edited By Moderator on 1205939339

ricky11

Great thanks, that was the problem, once i put the file there it was okay!

The smtp login still doesn’t work though, so i use outlook profile.. is there any main drawback to use the outlook profile?

Their is no option for smtp ports etc.. so i dont know what smtp port 25??? its using? my outlook uses the default, my mail server is correct.

Anyway it works with outlook profile.

However, what I am actually trying to do is make a forward rule to email incomming faxes to my blackberry, the problem is blackberry for some reason does not view these files as a attatchment… and moreover i need miniview.exe to view them….

Is it possible to forward these faxes as a tiff or jpg.. anyway to do that??

tks.

Administrator
    Keymaster

version 10 fowards these faxes as an .exe package with the miniview built in.

version 10.01 and higher forwards these faxes as a .fxm attachment. Exe attachment was removed in these versions after Outlook started blocking .exe attachments with a security update.

no, you cannot forward the faxes in another format using WinFax.

and, we have found that smtp login usually doesn’t work with the e-mail servers of today. This implementation of email was from 1999 so it doesn’t allow port selection, SSL etc. which is common today.

ricky11

thanks for your info.

Would I be able to use any macro or third party software out there that can pdf it and email it… or is there a miniview for windows mobile or blackberry?

any other ideas or am i just trying to hard.!

Administrator
    Keymaster

not aware of any third-party add on to do that, and I don’t believe there is anything to view FXM format on the Blackberry/Windows Mobile.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.