Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    rhowe

Since I bought WinFax 10.03 I have not been able to fax an attachment of any kind. I do know that Winfax print driver is not in my printers and faxes folder. My computer is running XP Professional. I have gone through and uninstalled the way I was told by the online tech (even going into the registry and deleteing all the items concerning Winfax. Than I reinstalled with getting the same results as before. For $70.00 you can go online and have a tech troubleshoot and repair your issues with WinFax but I don’t want to through good money after bad if they can’t make it work or the problem still exists after their session. Has anyone used this service with any positive results?

rhowe

I forgot to enter my error code in this forum, it was 1797 printer name=WinFax (Photo Quailty). What does that mean?

Administrator
    Keymaster

not sure who is offering service for $70, but we offer the same service dedicated to winfax for $25/h

it appears the problem you are having is with printer driver installation, do you have any problems installing other printer drivers? I’d suggest trying to install an HP Laserjet printer driver to see if it works (even if you don’t have an HP Laserjet. this just confirms if drivers can be successfully installed, you can remove it later)

rhowe

I did that, as was suggested by the online tech’s problem solving web page. I don’t seem to have a problem installing printers, just faxes.

rhowe

Just to make sure the “Add a new printer” still worked I reinstalled another printer that is connected to my wives printer. It all worked out just fine. I’m stumped. The computer my wife uses has WinFax 9.0 installed and works just fine. I can receive faxes without an issue and send cover sheets as memos but I can’t send any attachments of any kind. I have tried everything from drag and drop to inserting through the attachment function. Nothing works.

Administrator
    Keymaster

not being able to add attachments is definately lack of the WinFax PRO printer driver. WinFax needs the driver to convert documents, without it, you won’t be able to send anything other than WinFax generated cover pages.

are you logged on windows xp as an adminstrator?

rhowe

I’m not so sure I am logged in as the administrator. How would I know?

Administrator
    Keymaster

@rhowe wrote:

I’m not so sure I am logged in as the administrator. How would I know?

you can check the access level of each user that you’ve setup in Windows XP

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/279783

if you click start, the name of the currently logged in user appears on the very top of the start window, or when you click “Shut Down” one of the drop down menu options will be “Log off …” followed by the user name.

rhowe

It says XP is logged on. I skipped over some of the no brainer stuff while using and learning a computer. Will it make a difference if no one is proclaimed the administrator?

rhowe

I am logged in as the administrator. When I checked, I noticed another user was in the user account folder, an ASP.J. I am the only one using this computer so it doesn’t make sense that this user was there.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.