Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I have installed WinFax PRO 10.0 on my notebook PC Samsung X60 with Windows XP Professional operational system and SENS LT56ADW modem. Installation was OK but anytime I try to send a fax, it connects, gets a fax tone, starts negotiating and then fails giving the following error message: “NO CARRIER”. It happens on any connection with different receiving faxes.
    Would you be so kind to give me an advice what can be done in connection with that problem.

Anonymous

Change the S7 Register value in Modem Properties

In the WinFax PRO or TalkWorks PRO Program Setup, double-click Modems and Communications Devices.
    Select the modem, and then click Properties.
    Click the Fax tab.
    In the Initialization String Sequence #1, you will see an entry for S7 (for example, AT&F&C1…S7=55.) The value of the S7 register is in seconds. Change this value to the time that you would like WinFax PRO to attempt to connect.

Suggestion: S7=90 or at most, 125.

NOTE: The default setting is normally 55 seconds, the limit is 255. In some countries, this time is limited by telecommunications legislation.

Click OK, and then click OK again.
    Click Close to close the Program Setup window.

The 2nd item I would suggest is downloading and installing the latest drivers for this modem, please see:
    http://support.samsung.de/filevie….Type=DR
    for info.

If you still have problems it may be the initialization string setup for the modem. What is the string you are using as described in box #1 (above)

Edited By Moderator on 1163435695

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.