Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

I do customer support and one of our clients has winfax pro v 10.03, windows xp and office 2002 (SP3). I ‘ve been reading some of the posting and it says that a patch is available to 10.03. What can I direct my client to, to get the patch and what issues does it fix? 🙁 🙁

jerzybondon

Go to the Topic Titled: WinFax PRO 10.04 update.

Link to that is below:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/cgi-bin….15;t=14

germaine

Can anyone help?

I am a registered user of Winfax v10 and I am experiencing an error when I try to print to Winfax I receive the following error message:

“Winfax is not active for this user account. Please start the controller and try again.”

Apart from this error Winfax is fully working.

Under Modems and Communication Devices Properties is shown – Intel 536EP V.92 Modem using TAPI and is active.

I am running Windows XP Professional with SP1.

I have looked at the symantec website. The following error is indicated:-

http://symantec.atgnow.com/consume….e=5000#
    Error: “Winfax is not active for this User Account . . .” when you print from WinFax

Situation:
    When you print a fax in WinFax PRO, you see the message “WinFax is not active for this User Account. Please start the controller and try again.”

Solution:
    This problem happens when the Controller is not running in the Notification area. To resolve the problem, start the Winfax Controller and then print the fax.

This solution does not work for me.

The following error is also indicated on the Symantec website:

I have opened REGACCES.EXE in the winfax directory. The settings were empty. I have added ‘Administrator’ and ‘Everyone’. This has not solved the problem.

I have used services.msc to ‘Stop the service’ under ‘Fast user switching’. This has not solved the problem.

I have tried reinstalling Winfax but this has not solved the problem.

The computer is set up with only one user.

The program setup for caller status and controller properties has been left as default:
    Ticked – Display status dialog
    Ticked – Bring status dialog to front
    Unticked – Empty wastebaskets on exit
    Ticked – Allow sending and receiving when logged off
    When not in use: Leave running

Can anyone suggest how I might correct the problem?

Thanks.

Anonymous

@germaine wrote:

Can anyone help?

I am a registered user of Winfax v10 and I am experiencing an error when I try to print to Winfax I receive the following error message:

“Winfax is not active for this user account. Please start the controller and try again.”

Apart from this error Winfax is fully working.

Under Modems and Communication Devices Properties is shown – Intel 536EP V.92 Modem using TAPI and is active.

I am running Windows XP Professional with SP1.

I have looked at the symantec website. The following error is indicated:-

Error: “Winfax is not active for this User Account . . .” when you print from WinFax

Situation:
    When you print a fax in WinFax PRO, you see the message “WinFax is not active for this User Account. Please start the controller and try again.”

Solution:
    This problem happens when the Controller is not running in the Notification area. To resolve the problem, start the Winfax Controller and then print the fax.

This solution does not work for me.

The following error is also indicated on the Symantec website:

I have opened REGACCES.EXE in the winfax directory. The settings were empty. I have added ‘Administrator’ and ‘Everyone’. This has not solved the problem.

I have used services.msc to ‘Stop the service’ under ‘Fast user switching’. This has not solved the problem.

I have tried reinstalling Winfax but this has not solved the problem.

The computer is set up with only one user.

The program setup for caller status and controller properties has been left as default:
    Ticked – Display status dialog
    Ticked – Bring status dialog to front
    Unticked – Empty wastebaskets on exit
    Ticked – Allow sending and receiving when logged off
    When not in use: Leave running

Can anyone suggest how I might correct the problem?

Thanks.

what version of WinFax PRO? is it version 10.0 , 10.01, 10.02, 10.03 or 10.04? Check Help, About…

Have you tried removing the printer drivers for WinFax (both the standard and photo quality driver) and then use the Maintenance tool to reinstall the drivers?

germaine

Thanks your reply.

I am using v10.0 (2000.02.14)

Yes, I have reinstalled the printer drivers for Winfax but with no effect.

Is the problem possibly a symptom of incompatability with Windows XP?

Anonymous

@germaine wrote:

Thanks your reply.

I am using v10.0 (2000.02.14)

Yes, I have reinstalled the printer drivers for Winfax but with no effect.

Is the problem possibly a symptom of incompatability with Windows XP?

Yes, version 10.03 is better designed for Windows XP. Version 10.0 was released over 1 year before the release of Windows XP.

Anonymous

I’ve recently experienced this problem with WinFax PRO 10.03 (and 10.04) with Windows XP SP2

I’ve noticed that printing from ANY application without the controller active will generate the error message “WinFax is not active for this user account.” which is a process that is executed by the WFXSWTCH.EXE application.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.