Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    miket

I recently had a virus in my computer and had to reload all of my files including Winfax Pro 10.0. I was able to save my archive files with the extension FXD but don’t know where to place them in the program so I can access them when I start the system. Any ideas?

JohnD
    Participant

files with the FXD extension are sent faxes, and will have filenames such as 5687001.FXD, 5687002.FXD 5687003.FXD (and example of a 3 page fax, three FXD files)
    If your current log structure points to these filenames, then simply moving them back to your WINFAXDATA directory should be enough to restore.
    But — if you don’t have a log to match these filenames, then they will not appear.

What did you backup? just FXD files, or your entire WINFAXDATA directory?

I am assuming the WinFax install is brand new, so your current WinFax installation contains only the fresh install with no original data?

miket

I saved only the FXD files from my previous installation. I assume this is not adequate, but is there anyway I can use these files?

Anonymous

you can add all your FXD files as attachments, this will at least allow you some method to organize and view them.
    If you go into the attachments, you can Add an attachment (the FXD files). Here you can select multiple attachments to add (use control key to select more than one)

here are instructions on how to do this:
    http://service1.symantec.com/SUPPORT….3594504

Edited By Moderator on 1171165985

miket

Thank you, that worked fine.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.