Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Betto

Hi.
    I posted this question long time ago, but it seems the post has been lost / cancelled.
    I had to reinstall win 2000 so I’m here again with the same question:
    everytime I start a Winfax client, as user with limited rights, appears a message asking me to restart the system.

After the restart nothing changes.
    This does not apply to admin accounts, but I MUST run this client as normal user for security reasons.
    I just remember I have to run regedt32 and modify some authorization… which one?
    Thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

that information would have been moved to the premium forums, I would have to find it for you.

Betto

@Moderator wrote:

that information would have been moved to the premium forums, I would have to find it for you.

Aha!
    If it is possible… 😉

Administrator
    Keymaster

@Betto wrote:

Hi.
    I posted this question long time ago, but it seems the post has been lost / cancelled.
    I had to reinstall win 2000 so I’m here again with the same question:
    everytime I start a Winfax client, as user with limited rights, appears a message asking me to restart the system.

After the restart nothing changes.
    This does not apply to admin accounts, but I MUST run this client as normal user for security reasons.
    I just remember I have to run regedt32 and modify some authorization… which one?
    Thanks

Translated to English, this error is the following in WinFax; “WinFax PRO has performed some changes on your system. You will need to restart Windows for changes to take effect. After reboot, please resume the Message Sharing Client setup process”

WinFax uses DCOM for client/host communication, if you are restricting user access then DCOM may also be restricted and not be available to this user, therefore you cannot use client/host sharing. REGACCES does only gives registry access to specific WinFax keys.

WinFax is attempting to check this key in registry;

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREMicrosoftOleDCOMEnabled

Possible values are “Y” and “N” . If set to “N”, WinFax will set to “Y”.

If you have policy to restrict this, it will never set to “Y” after reboot and revert back to “N”.

Betto

Many thanks Sir! 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.