Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    paulcarter
    Participant

I have inputed fax# and ext# in the phonebook but when I send out a fax it does not dail ext# when other line answers. Can this be fixed?

Administrator
    Keymaster

WinFax doesn’t dial the extension in the phonebook, it is there for your reference only and it is a somewhat misleading as it will show the “x” followed by the extension number in the send dialog after the fax number, but it never actually dials it.

If you want to dial the extension, what you should do is append the extension to the fax number with commas. Each comma will represent a 2 second delay. For example, if you need to dial 715-555-1212 extension 705, you could enter this as the fax number 715-555-1212,,705

This would dial 715-555-1212 wait 4 seconds, then dial the extension 705. 4 seconds might not be a long enough delay, so just add a few more commas. You need to adjust the delay so it works with the specific recipient you are calling, so it might be best to first dial that number with a regular phone and check how long a delay you would need before the system answers and asks you to enter an extension.

paulcarter
    Participant

Thankyou, You wont read what you told me in the winfax owners manual anywhere about the commas creating a 2 second delay amoung many other things I have learned from you. Wish I could buy you dinner or a beer, you richly deserve and earned it. Thanks for the tip 😀

Administrator
    Keymaster

you’re welcome 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.