Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous

How can you send a fax from a fax machine to an email address? My office has a traditional fax machine hooked up to the phone line. I want to know if it’s possible to send a fax from that machine and receive it via email. I’d prefer it if this could be done without buying a new fax machine. Ideally I’d like some service that would give me a phone number then forward all faxes sent to that number to an email address.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@hutchina wrote:

How can you send a fax from a fax machine to an email address? My office has a traditional fax machine hooked up to the phone line. I want to know if it’s possible to send a fax from that machine and receive it via email. I’d prefer it if this could be done without buying a new fax machine. Ideally I’d like some service that would give me a phone number then forward all faxes sent to that number to an email address.

there is no method to directly send a fax to an e-mail address, these are two different technologies. It is possible for the receiving fax device (a fax machine or a computer) to convert the fax it receives to a document that can be e-mailed (like a PDF file, or TIFF graphic file). Fax software can do this, it requires a fax modem connected to a computer to receive the faxes. The faxes can then be (automatically) forwarded to any e-mail address as a PDF document. see http://store.getfaxing.com for more details on FaxTalk software. The cost of the software and hardware can be about the same price for a low end basic fax machine. The fax software and hardware is a one time purchase, like a fax machine, so you never pay any monthly fees or per page fees. There are some high-end business fax machines that can connect to internet and forward receive faxes to an e-mail address , so you can check to see if your office fax machine has this feature. Most basic fax machines and basic fax software cannot do this.

alternatively, an internet fax service can do this, they provide you a new fax number and you have to pay a monthly fee and per page fees for sending or receiving. Depending on your needs , it may be cost effective using the computer software instead of a internet fax service. Onesuite.com provides this service at a very reasonable rates: https://www.onesuite.com/A96909221/suitetreat

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.