Fax Software

Community Forums

This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Anonymous 15 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

pdo

WinXP Pro; Word 2002 (office xp) winfax pro 10.02
    Installed Getfaxing.com macro. In Word, seems to overwrite the Semantec version. Somewhat different user interface. Setup to hold in outbox; tried a faxmerge. Where the Semantec version just died, I got a dialog where you could pause or cancel the merge. I also got a dialog indicating a max of 5 merges on the unregistered version. It took forever to complete the five merges on a 2.6 ghz P4 with 512mb. When it was done, viewing the outbox on the Winfax PRO Message Mgr showed nothing. Does the bug that affects Symantec also kill faxmerge in Getfaxing as well? I bought Winfax to do fax merges. Should I try snail mail? 😉 😉

Anonymous

yes unfortunately this bug effects the merge macro, but only when using Windows XP and WinFax PRO 10.02
    It works with Windows 98 and Windows 2000
    or use WinFax PRO 10.00 or 10.01

pdo

Downloaded Winfax 10 trial copy; Uninstalled 10.02, installed 10.0–did Winfax merge–progress.

However, dialing seems to be a problem. When faxes are dialed, a dialog comes up, shows the number in one area with a “1” prefix, but in another does not. The database does not have the “1”; numbers are mostly long distance.

The dial protocol ultimately registers the line as busy. It isn’t. I listened in on an extension and can hear the dialing, but the line is quiet after that (other than the fax interogation tones from my modem). My guess is it isn’t dialing the “1” or some other digits and the phone company is waiting for the complete number.

What to do?

Anonymous

In the WinFax macro Setup, go to the Dialing options:

You can configure the WinFax macro to automatically split the country code, area code and local 7
    digit number when dialing. This option is useful if your data may or may not contain the country
    code. For example, a fax number entered as (707)220-1212 would be dialed at +1 (707) 2201212.
    A fax number entered as 413-555-1212 would be dialed as +1 (413) 5551212. WinFax will use the
    appropriate dialing rules when sending the fax. This option is available to both the Print to WinFax
    and WinFax Merge macros.

NOTE: This feature is designed for North American phone numbers only.

pdo

You comment did not specify what to set it to. The box was checked. Do you suggest I uncheck it?

pdo

FYI Just got off the phone with Symantec. They will ship version 10.03 to me no charge, no shipping and handling charge.

Here’s how I did it. Waited for an hour on hold at the tech support number, waiting for a tech—gave up.

Emailed tech support (free), told them the problem, got a response with a ticket number that said call tech support. Great!!!!!!!!!Called sales, got a different number 1-800-441-7234 Wait for the diatribe to end, press “0”, tell the customer service guy the problem and your ticket number. They ship, no long wait on the other line.

Still need an answer about getfaxing winfax macro(that I purchased) and the dialing check box.

Anonymous

The check box enables this feature. Please see my reply to your other thread on dialing.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.