Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    condor

Hi,

I’ve had this problem for quite awhile. I don’t want WinFax to automatically redial my faxes, but it seems to do so even when i’ve got all the settings set. Under Options –> Dialing and Location –> General –> “Fax Redial”, i set all the values to 0 (i’ve tried not putting anything in there at all too), but it seems that for every fax number that it fails, it STILL retries and redials that number 2-3 times. is there any way to remedy this?

i am using WinFax Pro 10.03, on a Windows 2000 machine.and for faxes, i’m using a calling card.

any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks in advance!

Anonymous

Check the registry settings specific to WinFax to see if these values are being saved properly as 0 (zero)
    for details on the registry see http://support.microsoft.com/kb/322756

check these keys:

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrinaWinFax7.0GeneralRetries

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWAREDelrinaWinFax7.0GeneralRetriesNoAnswer

They should be both set to 0

condor

thanks for the reply,

all of the values in the registry are set to 0, but for some of them it still retries, for example, a log:

Details:

0 of 4 page(s) sent
    Fine resolution
    2 min 3 sec at 0
    1 retries
    No answer on last attempt

etc.

any ideas?

Anonymous

are these faxes that don’t answer, or faxes that fail sending multiple pages (failed after sending page 1 of 4) and then it tries to re-dial again?

I seem to recall a bug like this in WinFax before. Unfortunately, Symantec’s site isn’t working properly to do a proper search on this.

Edited By Moderator on 1163697787

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.