Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    mike2859

I am using the fax to Email with outlook express.
    I configured Outlook to allow the sending of the file.
    Now the receiving email (gmail) is refusing to allow the file.
    Please advise

JohnD
    Participant

What version of WinFax PRO are you using?

for fax forwarding, via e-mail:

Version 10 sends the email with a self extracting .exe attachment with the built in mini fax viewer.
    version 10.01 and higher send the email with an .fxm attachment, with no built in fax viewer.

for fax notifications to yourself that include a copy of the fax pages, notification emails will be sent with .fxm attachment. These fxm files can be viewed on any PC with the proper viewer installed, or WinFax PRO installed. You cannot view the fxm files on mobile devices, or Apple machines.

If your email application won’t handle the .exe format, or you find the email is being blocked on the recipient side (you have no control over this)
    you can upgrade your WinFax to version 10.01 or higher.

For Premium Forum subscribers, a Version 10.01 update patch from version 10.0 is available here:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/patches/index.php?file=patchwfx1001.exe

A WinFax Viewer to view all WinFax files (fxs, fxm, fxd, fxr) is available here:
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/winfax/index.php?file=wfxqview.exe

mike2859

I am using Winfax pro 10.0.
    I do not send many faxes.
    I am using my fax machine as a scanner as my VOIP does not send faxes well.
    So winfax answers my out going fax and receives my image.
    I need to email this image so anyone who has a PC can view it.
    How can I convert the Image into a “safe” file that can be sent as an attachment and viewed by other viewers beside winfax, i.e. windows fax viewer?
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Mike

JohnD
    Participant

You can open the fax image in the WinFax Viewer, and export it using File, Export options. Export as BMP,TIFF or PCX. Most computers can view these types of files without having WinFax installed.
    You can then save the exported image file to any location on your hard drive.
    When you want to email that image to someone, just add it as an attachment to your outgoing e-mail.

mike2859

Thanks for the help.
    The Export to tiff worked great.
    Mike

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.