Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    jfreeman

I am using Winfax 10.04 on a shared network arrangment, Windows XP SP3 client. I have a program that I use to drop documents into a database. Is there a way (or a utility) to forward incoming faxes from the Winfax receive folder into another folder on the client? The document program has an “Auto-upload folder” where I can drag and drop documents into the program.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@jfreeman wrote:

I am using Winfax 10.04 on a shared network arrangment, Windows XP SP3 client. I have a program that I use to drop documents into a database. Is there a way (or a utility) to forward incoming faxes from the Winfax receive folder into another folder on the client? The document program has an “Auto-upload folder” where I can drag and drop documents into the program.

In WinFax, Received faxes always are stored in the default data folder, this is usually c:program fileswinfaxdata or c:program filessymantecwinfaxdata.

Received faxes always have the extension .fxr preceded by a 7 numbers, 4 of those numbers are generated by WinFax automatically and the last 3 are the page number. For example, a 2 page received fax could be named 5301001.fxr and 5301002.fxr. This format limits the total number of faxes received to be 10,000 and the maximum number of pages for each fax at 999.

Unfortunately there is nothing in WinFax that can save the faxes to a specific folder automatically.

FaxTalk, available at http://store.getfaxing.com has a feature that can save a copy all incoming faxes to a folder of your choosing (as PDF or TIFF).

jfreeman

Thank you.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.