Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Wild Will

Winfax 10.03 freezes when receiving faxes. It may work fine for a day or two and than it will freeze on nearly every fax the next day. This can occur anytime day or night. Ctrl/alt/del lists it as unresponsive and will close receiving screen. Restarint computer works the best to get receiving going again. Windows XP SP2. Modem BCM V.92 56k. Initialize at 19200 bps. Class 1. Initialization string: AT&F&D2&C1&K3S7=55

Anonymous

problems like this can be related to any number of items, the first item is the modem drivers and I would suggest ensuring you have the latest drivers installed. ModemSite.com has information on this type of modem, using the Broadcom chipset.

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/bcm.asp

This site has links to drivers which you may want to try if this is the modem you have installed on your PC.

I should also mention that “software driven” modems are the least reliable type of fax modem for use with WinFax PRO (and many other fax programs). They can cause lock ups like you mention because they are software driven. Software driven modems are low cost solutions that many bundled manufacturers (Dell, Gateway) will supply with their computer systems.

Edited By Moderator on 1166234495

Wild Will

Where can I buy a reliablle modem?

JohnD
    Participant

Might sound silly, but a 7-10 year old external 56K/33.3K or 28.8K fax modem works the best with WinFax PRO. Class 1 or Class 2.0. Hayes, Supra, some U.S. Robotics models. Rockwell chipset is usually reliable.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.