Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    lrock

I have Winfax PRo for Windows XP. Lately, the fax will receive incoming faxes and send outgoing faxes for the first three or faxes, then it will not receive any incoming faxes. I have noticed that when I click icon for the modem, shows so many bytes in and so many bytes out. Usually, after a fax, these numbers go to zero. The only way I can fax or accept a fax is if I reboot the computer.

How do I fix this problem?

Administrator
    Keymaster

what version of WinFax PRO? what type of fax modem are you using? need more detail…

if your using WinFax PRO 10.0x, you should have a yellow controller icon in your system tray, and it should have a blue outline, which means auto receive is turned on. Does WinFax still answer the call, or does it ignore all incoming calls? when happens when you try to send a fax? any errors?

lrock

Thank you for responding to my post

I am using WinFax Pro 10.0. I have only been using it for the past two months now. I purchased it brand new.
    I have an internal modem, Smark Link 56k Voice Modem which is also fairly new, approximately four months.

In answer to your questions, I do have a yellow control icon with a blue outline on my tray. It will receive a few faxes, then it will just stop working. The only way I know it is not working is when my clients call to tell me they cannot fax anything. There is also a stop light in the icon tray that I mentioned in my previous post that I believe has to do with the modem that tells me the port the modem is on and how many bytes in and how many bytes out. Prior to a fax being sent, the numbers are usually 0. After a fax has successfully been delivered, there are numbers for bytes in and bytes out and they do not drop down to zero. I’m not sure they are supposed to or not. I am stumped as to why all of a sudden I am having difficulty.

Hopefully you will be able to help.
    Thank you.

Administrator
    Keymaster

another winfax user with a smart link modem posted that his problems went away after updating the modem drivers. I think the 2nd link is dead, but somewhere on the internet you should be able to find March 2005 drivers for your Smart Link modem

see this web site for updated information on the SmartLink modem drivers;

http://www.modemsite.com/56k/smartlink.asp

and

http://www.smlink.com/content.aspx?id=53

There are new drivers for Windows XP dated March 2005.

update:
    here might be the driver you are looking for
    http://drivers.softpedia.com/get….1.shtml

Edited By Moderator on 1180531738

lrock

Thanks for your help. I looked at the web sites you recommended and hopefully that will take care of the problem. It is pretty funny that since I posted my question, my problem has not occured. Hmmmmm.

Administrator
    Keymaster

@lrock wrote:

Thanks for your help. I looked at the web sites you recommended and hopefully that will take care of the problem. It is pretty funny that since I posted my question, my problem has not occured. Hmmmmm.

if it hasn’t occured since, then I wouldn’t make any changes to the drivers.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.