Fax Software

Community Forums

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    eddieras

Hi guys – i just found this forum. i’ve been a winfax user for years. i currently use 10.02 which up until recently was working perfectly. it crashed while receiving a fax and when started back up my inbox was empty – BUT, it does have a Log Count listed when hilighted in the folder pane– yet nothing is there. i’ve shut down, rebooted and nothing appears- except the log count. i am able to still receive faxes.
    another problem i’ve had is when i go to edit a phonebook entry it justs closes down as soon as i click on a field in the open entry.
    what’s the best way to move forward? should i uninstall, reinstall 10.02?
    should i move up to 03 or 04 and if so where do i get those?
    any other advice would be so appreciated
    thanks!

JohnD
    Participant

have you tried rebuilding the logs using the rebuild.bat tool? I’d recommend you backup the entire winfax data folder first (program fileswinfaxdata )

eddieras

thanks- i did use the maintenance utility thru message manager – is that what you’re referring to?

JohnD
    Participant

@eddieras wrote:

thanks- i did use the maintenance utility thru message manager – is that what you’re referring to?

yes it can be done that way too

eddieras

well my log is back but i can’t edit any contact in the phonebook. i can open properties but as soon as i click on a field everything shuts down – property dialogue box and message mgr.
    should i just reinstall or upgrade?

JohnD
    Participant

@eddieras wrote:

well my log is back but i can’t edit any contact in the phonebook. i can open properties but as soon as i click on a field everything shuts down – property dialogue box and message mgr.
    should i just reinstall or upgrade?

go to the downloads area and download the file “winfaxtools.exe”
    http://www.getfaxing.com/downloads/index.php
    run it, and you will find the section “WTNSETUP”
    follow those directions to fix this problem.
    🙂

Edited By JohnD on 1201901627

eddieras

thanks so much! i attempted that but i get a message stating “Program Expired” – i guess i have to subscribe? todays my first day around here – so i’m learning the ropes and appreciate your help!

JohnD
    Participant

Try downloading it again. and old version was on the server (it expired today)
    Should work. This is the limited version.
    Subscription members get the full version

eddieras

that worked! thanks so much- i really appreciate it!

i’m wondering if i need to upgrade to 03 or 04? if so where do i find those files?

JohnD
    Participant

@eddieras wrote:

that worked! thanks so much- i really appreciate it!

i’m wondering if i need to upgrade to 03 or 04? if so where do i find those files?

there is no 10.02 to 10.03 update patch, it was a new installation.

eddieras

thanks for clearing that up – i did google it and found some sellers- i searched here for the difference/ benefits of 03 v 02, but didn’t see anything in particular. can you provide any insight into this- is the upgrade worth it in your opinion – or can you direct me to where i can learn the difference.
    thanks

Administrator
    Keymaster

@eddieras wrote:

thanks for clearing that up – i did google it and found some sellers- i searched here for the difference/ benefits of 03 v 02, but didn’t see anything in particular. can you provide any insight into this- is the upgrade worth it in your opinion – or can you direct me to where i can learn the difference.
    thanks

.03 fixed a major problem with the software development kit (sdk) which allows third-party software communicate with WinFax PRO. (ACT! , MS Word Fax Merging etc.)

.04 is a update patch released by Symantec to fix a problem with Fax Sharing and Windows XP.

If you are using WinFax PRO 10.02 without problems with other software, then these updates are not required .

eddieras

thanks for clearing that up for me…. appreciate it!

Administrator
    Keymaster

you’re welcome

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Help with 10.02 – lost faxes, crashes’ is closed to new replies.